imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2019, 04:00 PM

Default Arrowverse expansion

So, for anyone that doesn't know, this year's crossover, Crisis on Infinite Earths, will be retroactively canonizing a few past DC shows and movies, including the CW's Smallville, Birds of Prey (Tom Welling and Ashley Scott will be reprising their roles as Clark Kent and Helena Kyle from those shows in the crossover), and Black Lightning, Batman '89 (Jack Napier was stated to be The Joker's real name on an episode of Batwoman and Robert Wuhl, who played Alexander Knox, was reportedly seen on set filming with a newspaper depicting Michael Keaton's Bruce Wayne and the headline "Billionaire Bruce Wayne to Marry Socialite Selina Kyle" on the front page), and presumably Batman Returns by extension of the latter. Also, the 1990s Flash series was already retroactively canonized into the Arrowverse a few years ago.

So my question is, how should I go about modifying the Arrowverse template to reflect this extended canon? Should I add a section called "Retroactive Canon", "Extended Canon", or something like that, and list Smallville, Batman '89, and Batman Returns (Birds of Prey doesn't have a page here), or should I just leave the template to encompass only Arrow and the shows created in its wake? In the case of the former, I would only link to the main disambiguation page for Smallville rather than each individual season, mind you.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman

Last edited by Spartan198; 11-19-2019 at 04:08 PM.