imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 12-30-2011, 03:25 AM
IMFDB Chief of Operations

Default Smith & Wesson Pages

I've been doing some work on the Smith & Wesson pages. Trying to make sure that they all have specifications for starters, then hopefully trying to convert them all to table format.

I wanted to get some input from people about how best to maintain uniformity with the pages. MOST of the pages list the guns as "Smith & Wesson Model ###". A few of them don't have "Model" in the title and some of them have additional information after the number, such as the "Smith & Wesson Model 640 Centennial".

Additionally, there are some guns that share pages such as "Smith & Wesson Model 36 / 38" that for reason also includes the Model 49. There is also the "Smith & Wesson Model 37 Airweight / 637 Airweight" page that has both the model 37 and the model 637 (which is the stainless steel version of model 37). While it makes sense that these two guns would be on the same page, since the 637 is a variant of the 37, there is also the Model 686 which is the stainless steel version of the Model 586, but both have their own page. Basically, I think a consensus should be made about whether to include the variants on the same page or on their own pages.

I would love some input from others and am particularly interested in what admins have to say on the matter.
Old 12-30-2011, 04:35 AM
IMFDB Admin

On the auto-loaders we don't put Model in place to keep them separated from the revolvers.
Old 12-30-2011, 04:50 AM
IMFDB Chief of Operations

See now THAT makes sense...