imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 01-17-2013, 04:09 AM

I don't know if any of y'all are on Twitter, but reading the #GunsOverPeople page is great. Especially the amount of pro-gun tweets on there.

It is heartening.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:38 AM

I'm getting sick of reading and hearing on TV the blatant lie that Lanza used an assault rifle at Sandy Hook.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 01-18-2013, 05:13 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
I'm getting sick of reading and hearing on TV the blatant lie that Lanza used an assault rifle at Sandy Hook.
I'm sick of reading "Assault weapon" or "assault style weapon" or "military style weapon"

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 02-08-2013, 11:03 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/08/politi...html?hpt=hp_t2

That's a good sign.

As for the gun show loophole, I spoke to a buddy of mine, and we've been to gun shows in about a dozen states in different regions, and we've never encountered such a thing. We've always had to get a NICS check, and there are signs everywhere reminding everyone that straw purchases are illegal. Is it just pure chance on our part, or is this gun show loophole overblown?
Old 02-09-2013, 12:55 AM

"Is the gun show loop hole overblown?"

Is the B-29 an airplane?

It was a convient scapescope of anti-gun politicians who couldn't abide the thoughts of citizens gathering to express thier constitutional rights in ares where zoning prevents gun shops.

Even the 40% number was form an old, probably flawed study.

However, to here the pundits talk you could buy a bazooka at one with no questions asked.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:13 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I really wonder what society would have been like if we had the anti-gun liberals today way back then, post WWII, Post US Civil War, Post American Revolution. Have those guys bitch and moan about the guns available to civilians back then.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”