imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 02-08-2013, 08:19 AM
IMFDB Admin

Default California trying to be the most Draconian on guns....

Not that I would support such garbage even if there were an EXEMPTION on movie weapons, apparently NONE of these bills DO exempt movie weapons, so good bye guns in movies filmed in CA if these bills pass.

Prepare for everything to be Airsoft and 'mime' fire ....

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/c...-laws-18433972

" Among the measures is one that would outlaw the future sale of semi-automatic rifles with detachable magazines. The restriction would prevent quick reloading by requiring bullets to be loaded one at a time." (my note: even bolt action rifles have 5 round magazines. Will they be restricted to ONE round mags?)

"The legislation also would ban possession of magazines holding more than 10 bullets, even by those who now own them legally."
Old 02-08-2013, 09:08 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
(my note: even bolt action rifles have 5 round magazines. Will they be restricted to ONE round mags?)
I'm assuming they mean loading them one at a time into the magazine, not into the chamber. I wonder if they will try and ban stripper clips...
Old 02-08-2013, 01:51 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
"The legislation also would ban possession of magazines holding more than 10 bullets, even by those who now own them legally."
Well, you could point out that a 30-round magazine of blanks holds exactly zero bullets?
Old 02-08-2013, 07:14 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I'm really glad I live in Indiana. The worse we are getting are people trying to sneak in bills of laws that are already in effect because they don't research.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 02-08-2013, 07:56 PM

I live near Vancouver and am tempted to say 'hell yes, give us all your action movie dollars!'
That's horrible though. And they're going to ban the Judge, because... 'OMG, shotgun shells, scary!' or something.
(spoiler: they aren't. Unless you're a snake.)
Old 02-08-2013, 08:06 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackIce_GTS View Post
I live near Vancouver and am tempted to say 'hell yes, give us all your action movie dollars!'
That's horrible though. And they're going to ban the Judge, because... 'OMG, shotgun shells, scary!' or something.
(spoiler: they aren't. Unless you're a snake.)
Losing filming to Canada has been going on for years, but losing filming to Canada because they have less draconian gun control should be a wake-up call.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:42 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackIce_GTS View Post
aren't[/url]. Unless you're a snake.)
It was only a matter of time before they banned the Judge since it fires a .410 shotgun shell and think that makes it a short barrel shotgun.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 02-09-2013, 01:28 PM

It's worse than that apparently. There's also going to be a ban on Hollow-point rounds and the latest neologism, the "assault bullet".

There's only one explanation for everything that's happened to me so far: This universe is trolling me.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:26 PM
IMFDB Admin

I think at least one state already banned Hollow Points. That's why ammo companies invented similar rounds to the Federal Guard dogs, which is not technically a hollow point.

It's stupid to ban hollow point. Several court cases I've read spoke out against using FMJ in personal defense.

Old 02-09-2013, 04:30 PM

I think it's more the fact that they want to insert another pointless open-ended neologism into the law so they have a justification for banning more stuff, only instead of "Assault Weapon" it's now "Assault Bullet".

There's only one explanation for everything that's happened to me so far: This universe is trolling me.