imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 10-18-2017, 03:44 AM

Very nice!
Old 10-25-2017, 10:37 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Just about done with my latest AR pistol project. I'll post a picture of it soon.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 10-28-2017, 04:10 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Alright. Here's what it looks like
https://imgur.com/a/NyO8S

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Last edited by Excalibur; 10-28-2017 at 04:17 PM.
Old 10-29-2017, 11:56 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

So, after many years of searching, I finally traded my S&W 4506-1 for a USP 9mm just yesterday. I realize that some S&W fans on IMFDB will likely regard what I did as tantamount to high treason, but I always wanted an original 9mm USP (it's the only H und K that I ever care to own), and the 4506 was always just too big for me.

My USP is a pretty old one, too, with date code "KE" (1994) and no polygonal rifling in the barrel. I regard it as an acquisition that is consistent with my tendency to collect 1980s/1990s Wonder Nines that were common in the movies of my youth.
Old 10-30-2017, 03:04 PM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
So, after many years of searching, I finally traded my S&W 4506-1 for a USP 9mm just yesterday. I realize that some S&W fans on IMFDB will likely regard what I did as tantamount to high treason, but I always wanted an original 9mm USP (it's the only H und K that I ever care to own), and the 4506 was always just too big for me.

My USP is a pretty old one, too, with date code "KE" (1994) and no polygonal rifling in the barrel. I regard it as an acquisition that is consistent with my tendency to collect 1980s/1990s Wonder Nines that were common in the movies of my youth.
YOU LOUSY TRAITOR! HOW DARE YOU TRADE IN THAT 4506-1 FOR A PIECE OF GERMAN GARBAGE!

Good trade. I understand. You knew that somebody was going to go through that opening that you left. I felt obligated.
Old 10-31-2017, 04:34 PM

You've traded an overbuilt gun with $50 mags for another overbuilt gun with $50 mags. Too bad it wasn't a USP45, so you could still convert to .45 Super on a whim

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 11-01-2017, 09:41 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
You've traded an overbuilt gun with $50 mags for another overbuilt gun with $50 mags. Too bad it wasn't a USP45, so you could still convert to .45 Super on a whim
I realize we haven't talked much in years, but I always thought you were a fan of the 4506? Don't deny that mags for the 4506 are expensive, but I never regarded any of Smith's 3rd Gen semi-autos as "overbuilt" (which, ironically, is the one problem I do have with H&Ks).

It's funny you mention the USP 45: I actually bought a USP 45 over two years ago, which is the first H&K I owned (though due to my inactivity on the forum in the past few years, I don't think I ever posted about it on here). I wound up trading it for my Glock 34 (which I still own) about six months later. The USP 45 was a bit too big for me, unfortunately, which is I guess a problem that I have with most .45s.

Right now, my pistol collection is as follows:

- SIG P226
- Beretta 92FS INOX
- Glock 17 Gen 2
- Glock 26 Gen 3
- Glock 34 Gen 3
- H&K USP-9
- Ruger Mark II
- Colt Vest Pocket .25 ACP
- Taurus Titanium .38

Last edited by MT2008; 11-01-2017 at 09:44 PM.
Old 11-02-2017, 07:16 PM
IMFDB Admin

I've always wanted to just own one of the older S&W autos. They feel really good in the hand but I've never been a fan of DA/SA guns for carry. I just don't shoot well with them.

Old 11-05-2017, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcordell View Post
YOU LOUSY TRAITOR! HOW DARE YOU TRADE IN THAT 4506-1 FOR A PIECE OF GERMAN GARBAGE!
Seconded.. MT, how could you??

Quote:
Good trade. I understand. You knew that somebody was going to go through that opening that you left. I felt obligated.
Eh, seconded on this too. That and you still have the SIG, so, I can forgive this slip up. An aside, your INOX is one of the older Italian-made ones, right?

I do hear ya about the '06.. it does look rather big. I'm been a bit more partial to the 4566 for that reason. That said, just like Excalibur would love to own a 3rd gen S&W auto. They also feel good. That said, like him it'd admittedly be a range toy though. BTW Ex, the AR build is pretty nice. Definitely cleaner than some ARs I've seen.

Also, good find on the 3" GP, JCordell. Man I do love some 3" (or so) revolvers. The S&W M66 re-release in the shorter version has definitely caught my eye.
Old 11-06-2017, 07:54 PM
IMFDB Admin

Speaking of which, at my local store, they marked down another S&W auto, a 406. Giving it away at just under 300 bucks