imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillybunz13 View Post
funkychinaman said he wanted a PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN. A Saiga 12 is a semi automatic shotgun that's magazine fed. So he's looking forward to pretty much like a Remingtion 870 or Winchestor Defender and a revolver. He won't live long with those weapons of choice.
Well sometimes you have to make compromises

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 09-29-2010, 07:16 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
funkychinaman said he wanted a PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN. A Saiga 12 is a semi automatic shotgun that's magazine fed. So he's looking forward to pretty much like a Remingtion 870 or Winchestor Defender and a revolver. He won't live long with those weapons of choice.
Really, I won't live in this nightmare fantasy scenario? Oh darn. Maybe I should've mentioned that ray gun I invented.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:24 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

And just in case there any other concerns about surviving this outbreak of metaphors, I mean, zombies:

http://www.cracked.com/article_18683...l-quickly.html
Old 09-29-2010, 07:34 PM
sillybunz13

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
Really, I won't live in this nightmare fantasy scenario? Oh darn. Maybe I should've mentioned that ray gun I invented.
This is a forum for weapons of choice for zombie survival in a realistic way. We're not trying to prove that zombie will come or eventually come. If you want, start another forum on how zombie invasions would never happen.

I was just proving a point that a pump action shotgun and a revolver for a zombie infestation (not even for a battle or war) is not that good of a choice.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:50 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

What's wrong with the pump action shotgun? A Revolver yeah, I can see why.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 09-29-2010, 08:00 PM
sillybunz13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
What's wrong with the pump action shotgun? A Revolver yeah, I can see why.
I'm saying there's anything round with a pump action shotgun expect that it's low capacity and reloading requires like a minute to do. A buck shot could take out a bunch of zombies at once but if a wave of zombies come at you, you're fucked! The weapon could hold the most 8+1. Especially if you're sidearm is a fucking revolver.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
Didn't they ban pointed knives a while ago and are about to ban glass pub glasses?
No, but given the number of perfectly safe things the last Labour government tried to ban or discourage for being "potentially dangerous" it wouldn't surprise me if they'd tried.

There's only one explanation for everything that's happened to me so far: This universe is trolling me.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:03 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
This is a forum for weapons of choice for zombie survival in a realistic way. We're not trying to prove that zombie will come or eventually come. If you want, start another forum on how zombie invasions would never happen.

I was just proving a point that a pump action shotgun and a revolver for a zombie infestation (not even for a battle or war) is not that good of a choice.
I understand that, but read what you just wrote, surviving against zombies in a realistic way. We have no set rules for zombies, because they're a product of different sources of pop culture. How do we stop them? Well, one film says one way, another film says another way, and basic biology says yet another way. Which way do you want to go with? Define the threat. There isn't one way to stop zombies, because there's no definitive set of rules regarding zombies. We don't even know where they came from. In 28 Days later, it was a disease and they're fast. But in Shaun of the Dead, it's radiation, and they're slow. And in Resident Evil, it's medical experimentation, and they're fast again.

And I defend my choice of a pump and revolver, because the zombies that I'm referring to are slow. (Why slow? Why not? And you can't tell me differently.) And as I've seen in a pistol comp, once you're out of mags, you're done. You can barricade yourself in a Dick's Sport Goods with pallets of 9mm, but if you only have three pistol mags, only the ammo in those three mags will be of any use to you. With a pump, where you can load one at a time, you can last as long as you have ammo. Want a "realistic" scenario? How many mags do you have in your house at this moment? Because zombies, slow or fast, probably won't wait for you to find an abandoned National Guard armory.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:06 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
I'm saying there's anything round with a pump action shotgun expect that it's low capacity and reloading requires like a minute to do. A buck shot could take out a bunch of zombies at once but if a wave of zombies come at you, you're fucked! The weapon could hold the most 8+1. Especially if you're sidearm is a fucking revolver.
On a Remington 870, all you have to do is drop a round into the ejection port, close the breech, and you're ready to fire.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:11 PM

I saw two cases in england that sealed it ill never go there:

One, a man found a shotgun on his property that criminals had ditched, and called police. He wasarrested since he touched the gun when he found it, stating law prohibits touching a gun without a licence. He was a former infantry soldier and law abiding citizen who had to spend some time in jail until the trial was dropped

Another, a man put barbed wire on his property after several robberies. The government ordered it taken down since criminals "may hurt theselves on it and posed a health hazard."

There was also video where a country home was being robbed, a homeowner came home and saw men loading a truck with their stuff. homeowner said thed call the police if the men didnt leave, and the men said someething along the lines of "out here well be long gone before they arrive, and what are you going to do to stop me?" and kept on stealing....

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Closed Thread