imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 01-25-2012, 05:18 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wierd It View Post
We were doing a rehash of Neon Genesis Evangelion with our own characters.
Technically that series takes place around 2010, so you've got no problems with guns

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 01-25-2012, 07:19 AM
IMFDB Admin

Old 01-25-2012, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Technically that series takes place around 2010, so you've got no problems with guns
Yes, except we're trying to stick to stuff that was actually made when the series was. Plus it's 2015.

There's only one explanation for everything that's happened to me so far: This universe is trolling me.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:22 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wierd It View Post
Yes, except we're trying to stick to stuff that was actually made when the series was. Plus it's 2015.
So as I said before. It takes place in the future, so technically anything goes really if you play it now. If the year for us really is 1995-1997 then obviously we would be limited to what we got. I'm just saying if it gives us a particular year where we can be specific with our guns, then I would go at it. If the year the story takes place is before the year the gun was produced, then year, I understand. If they were still making an Evangelion live action movie, they would justified putting modern guns in it because of the year.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 08-23-2012, 12:38 PM
thrice deleted, he can't be defeated

Quote:
Well better late than never. My father was a SAC sky cop back in the mid sixties (63-66). He wore a blue beret here in the states. He was issued a Smith & Wesson Model 15 4" and at first carried an M2 carbine. They were the first branch to get AR-15 rifles. He does not recall blue paint on the furniture.

When he was stationed at Bien Hoa Air Force Base (South Vietnam) in 65 he carried a Winchester 1897 "Trench Gun", a Smith & Wesson Model 15 snubbie in a shoulder holster (yes he was issued a snub-nosed revolver in a combat zone gents) and a 1911A1 on his belt. His last couple of months in Vietnam the Air Force took away the shotgun and issued him an M16. He continued to carry the Model 15 and the 1911A1. In Vietnam he either wore a steel pot or a style of fatigue cap known as a Ridgeway.

The lieutenant in charge of his ......... well I was Army so I don't know what his immediate unit would have been. I would call it a platoon.....carried an M2 carbine and a 4" S&W Model 15 when he was in Vietnam. My father said that things were a little looser in the early days, but by the time he rotated back to the states early in 66 they were tightening up and (at least for the Air Force sky cops) the M16 rifle was becoming commonplace and the hodgepodge of firearms was being reduced.
I recently picked up a correct period holster for my Combat Masterpiece for the Vietnam period , of course this is a issued rig , and many guys from what I have read hated them as the S&W would fall out while running , many acquired private purchase holsters .

Old 08-23-2012, 02:25 PM

That's pretty neat. That looks very similar to the rig my Dad wore.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:13 PM

People not knowing their guns, where do I know that from. At least in my case people are precise enough to say what they need, and if they say "60s", it's 60s, when they say "WW2", it's WW2. And they aren't really too fussed about prop guys giving them advice, even considering the whole thing is as hobbyist/indie as it gets.
And it doesn't change the fact that they're planning a "pulp novel covers" photoshoot, for which pretty much nobody has correct weapon props bar my PPK and 1911s, and maybe the 590 if I source wood furniture for it.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:06 PM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighDesertDweller View Post
I recently picked up a correct period holster for my Combat Masterpiece for the Vietnam period , of course this is a issued rig , and many guys from what I have read hated them as the S&W would fall out while running , many acquired private purchase holsters .

My dad was an SP in the Air Force and in Vietnam. When he got out he took his belt and holster and they are now mine. He was actually issued a Model 15 2" when he had been in south Vietnam for a couple months and received a Model 1911A1 Government for his belt. It was 1965 and things were a little looser at the beginning of our involvement I guess.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighDesertDweller View Post

http://www.panzerwerk.com//images/st...namholster.JPG
Any idea where can I get that belt/harness thing? Even a reproduction. Holster's less important as I see it's got a standard M1916 hook mount, so when I slap my repro 1911 holster on it, everything should look kosher.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:54 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seriously Mike View Post
Any idea where can I get that belt/harness thing? Even a reproduction. Holster's less important as I see it's got a standard M1916 hook mount, so when I slap my repro 1911 holster on it, everything should look kosher.
That rig is a combination of a few different things. It consists of a garrison belt, a holster adapter/hanger (this is the sort of Y shaped part that has the belt loop on the front), a cross belt and a USAF .38 swivel holster. Without the garrison belt it was also used as a shoulder holster so you sometimes find them described as that. Your best bet is probably looking on Ebay, here is a set including the belt, adapter, cross strap, 1911 holster, magazine pouch, dressing pouch and 2 magazines.