imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-22-2009, 10:02 PM

Default Reservoir Dogs Controversy

Of the few pages I've done, Reservoir Dogs is one of them. I took what was made of it when I first joined and revamped it with better screenshots and better type. Recently, a user named Gunman69 went in and replaced all my hard work. Some things were nice like the actual used screen guns (which weren't on here at the time and no one told me about, so it was nice for someone to put them there), but, and I know some of you will agree with me on this one, the screencaps were, in my humble opinion, a tad worse than what I had originally put on there.

http://www.imfdb.org/index.php?title...s&oldid=206707
This is my version of the page, the older one, made to include the screen used guns.

http://www.imfdb.org/index.php?title=Reservoir_Dogs
This is the current version of the page.

Now, I notice that Gunman69 has added a new gun (Smith & Wesson 669) and a few more screenshots for the Smith & Wesson Model 19 revolvers at the bottom, but that is not the argument right now. Those can be fixed or added later. I'm trying to figure out which screenshots would be more or less seen as "better".

In my own defense, mine are larger and able to be rescaled to look at the guns in better detail, they are in .png format which, although timely to load, are much clearer than .jpeg format, and all of my screenshots are trimmed completely free of black border, which looks cheap. Mine are also from a fullscreen version and Gunman69s are from a widescreen version, but that is where preference of a type of screen comes into play.

Long story short, should we keep Gunman69s "new and improved" caps, or go back to mine? I obviously vote for mine, hands down.