imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 12:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
A lot different in fact. Human heads are very easy to break, so hollow points or not or high caliber or .22 can go into a human skull. The only reason for different caliber is range.
Well if zombies are "killed" by shots to the brain, that implies some sort of neurological disruption is at work. Human beings can survive being shot in the brain by small caliber bullets, why couldn't zombies?
Old 10-01-2010, 12:42 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Cause we can assume that the zombie brain requires a lot less activity to work and since they ARE continuously rotting, any trauma could potentially put them down. But just to be safe, I say anything bigger than a .22LR or a bunch of .22 calibers like a hornet's nest.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 10-01-2010, 12:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Cause we can assume that the zombie brain requires a lot less activity to work and since they ARE continuously rotting, any trauma could potentially put them down. But just to be safe, I say anything bigger than a .22LR or a bunch of .22 calibers like a hornet's nest.
It could go the other way. Nonessential portions of the brain rotting away could give the bullet a path to move through with less resistance thus transferring less kinetic energy to the cranium as a whole.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:46 AM
sillybunz13

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
In a war. When you're with other people, people who can cover you or pull you to safety. When the enemy takes cover and has a sense of self preservation. When he may just be as scared or anxious as you. If I was going to war, of course I'd take an automatic rifle. But we're talking about zombies, or in your case, diseased humans. They're advancing toward you slowly (or quickly) and they will not stop until you are dead. They will not retreat. They will not regroup. They will not slow down to tend their wounded. They will not take a moment to reassess the situation. You have to kill as many as you can for an indeterminate amount of time.

I'm not going to run. I'm going to barricade myself in a defensible position with supplies, like in EVERY ZOMBIE MOVIE EVER MADE. (You have seen a zombie movie, correct?)
Well that's why you're going to die anyways because every zombie movie, their defensible position with supplies gets infiltrated by zombies anyway. You need to be on the move and find a safe position every day somewhere else. That's what almost every soldier is trained to do in the world. No more than 24 hours.

That's why I'm a soldier that's trained and you're a civilian that's not. End of story.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillybunz13 View Post
Well that's why you're going to die anyways because every zombie movie, their defensible position with supplies gets infiltrated by zombies anyway. You need to be on the move and find a safe position every day somewhere else. That's what almost every soldier is trained to do in the world. No more than 24 hours.

That's why I'm a soldier that's trained and you're a civilian that's not. End of story.
Staff Sergeant Sillybunz, reporting for duty.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:01 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:

Weren't the guys in Day of the Dead soldiers? Didn't they end up dying in the end? Chuck Heston and Will Smith holed up as well. Hell is full, so the dead are walking the earth. Where you are going to run to? With no sleep? Because zombies don't sleep. And assuming you can find caches of .308 ammo around? I believe in the American fighting man. But they can only do so much.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:50 AM
sillybunz13

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
Weren't the guys in Day of the Dead soldiers? Didn't they end up dying in the end? Chuck Heston and Will Smith holed up as well. Hell is full, so the dead are walking the earth. Where you are going to run to? With no sleep? Because zombies don't sleep. And assuming you can find caches of .308 ammo around? I believe in the American fighting man. But they can only do so much.
First of all Chuck Heston and Will Smith's Movie was based on the book Omega Man, and the people were like vampires, not zombies because they suck blood from humans not eat them. The Day of the Dead were just horrible to begin with, and was inaccurate to the uniforms, to the tactics, and they weren't even infantry so yeah they should have died.

Plus you'll be surprised what one infantryman can do.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:50 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtReynoldsMoustache View Post
It could go the other way. Nonessential portions of the brain rotting away could give the bullet a path to move through with less resistance thus transferring less kinetic energy to the cranium as a whole.
It seems that the zombie still needs the brain intact to "survive", so we can assume the brain part is the last to really go before the rotting gets to it. Either way, I'm not taking my chances with small caliber. And a shotgun to the face works all the time

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 10-01-2010, 01:58 AM

Quote:
The Day of the Dead were just horrible to begin with, and was inaccurate to the uniforms, to the tactics, and they weren't even infantry so yeah they should have died.

Plus you'll be surprised what one infantryman can do.
Yeah they were
Old 10-01-2010, 02:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
It seems that the zombie still needs the brain intact to "survive", so we can assume the brain part is the last to really go before the rotting gets to it. Either way, I'm not taking my chances with small caliber. And a shotgun to the face works all the time
Not so. Even in Dawn Of The Dead (the remake), they still had to burn the bodies after shooting to prevent them from getting back up. I think they called them "twitchers" or "squirmers".
Closed Thread