imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 07-23-2010, 08:51 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdAstra2009 View Post
I believe that is against IMFDB regulations per the section regarding weak/lame pages.
No, it's not. "Lame" pages are those where the creator not only fails to provide screencaps, but also fails to follow format. Creating a page that is in proper format, but lacking screencaps, is acceptable, provided it's done well.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:10 PM

This is site is way too un-userfriendly. I really have no idea how to create a page in the proper formatting. There's no 'How to' or 'Introduction' page thatI can see anywhere, not even in the forum.

You make that easier to do and you'll get less requests of people asking other people to make pages for them. And people who make lame pages will have their pages corrected much quicker by people who know better.

Last edited by Manny; 07-24-2010 at 09:12 PM.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:15 PM
Banned

Do not be rude. -MT2008

Last edited by MT2008; 07-24-2010 at 09:44 PM.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:41 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny View Post
This is site is way too un-userfriendly. I really have no idea how to create a page in the proper formatting. There's no 'How to' or 'Introduction' page thatI can see anywhere, not even in the forum.

You make that easier to do and you'll get less requests of people asking other people to make pages for them. And people who make lame pages will have their pages corrected much quicker by people who know better.
Yeah I didn't really know what I was doing when I first started. I started making small edits on pages. Once I figured out how to screencap. I contact another user, Gunmaster45. He uploaded the images for me and put them on the page. He told me to write the text, once I did that. I could upload images, put the page and all that good stuff.

There really does need to be a tutorial. But I'm not if any user wants to go through all that.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator20 View Post
Yeah I didn't really know what I was doing when I first started. I started making small edits on pages. Once I figured out how to screencap. I contact another user, Gunmaster45. He uploaded the images for me and put them on the page. He told me to write the text, once I did that. I could upload images, put the page and all that good stuff.

There really does need to be a tutorial. But I'm not if any user wants to go through all that.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Tutorial

tada
Old 07-24-2010, 09:46 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny View Post

The best way to start to make pages is to hit "Edit" on any page that's done in proper formatting (and we do describe what "proper formatting" constitutes in the Rules section), and examine the code. That's how I learned, at least. Also, if you need help, you can always ask for it on here.

Anyway, requesting pages is basically demanding that other people do the work for you. It's one thing to ask for help, but insisting other people take on the burden is not reasonable to ask.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:48 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersonOfInterest View Post
Or you could just do the tiniest bit of research on how wikis work, it really is very simple. Nobody else has this problem. Click around a bunch of stuff and you'll figure it out accidentally in about 2 minutes.
There are many others who have or had this problem, I use to be one of them.

Also Manny.
Don't follow POI advice to just start clicking around.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:52 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersonOfInterest View Post
Good deal.

I breezed through it, is there anything about uploading images and putting them on pages? That use to be my main problem. Editing text ain't shit.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:55 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

PersonOfInterest, stop being such an asshole.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
PersonOfInterest, stop being such an asshole.
That seems to be impossible

http://www.introvertisland.com