imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 08-30-2010, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Maybe he was special and was able to get a G36 and customize it since it's got desert camo and a different stock. He is a sergeant rank
The military isn't call of duty, you don't get to choose your weapon because of your rank. Even then sergeant isn't even that high up.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:05 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Ok, Astra, I take offense on that Call of Duty remark.

I'm saying that soldiers could request for different weapons depending on how high their ranks are or the military itself is doing trial runs on different weapons platforms. I read about a US soldier stationed in Germany that was issued a G36

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 08-30-2010, 08:18 PM

Quote:
I'm saying that soldiers could request for different weapons depending on how high their ranks are or the military itself is doing trial runs on different weapons platforms. I read about a US soldier stationed in Germany that was issued a G36
Sorry for offending you but I don't think any military works that way. The US military certainly doesn't.

I'd like to see that article of your regarding the G36 in Germany.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:01 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

It was a long time ago. All I remember was that a US Soldier wrote about how good the G36 was when he was issued it during his time in Germany and about how he'll miss it when he gets shipped out.

What? You don't believe me and you need proof of what I say? Aren't I a creditable person on this forum? Why would I lie?

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 08-31-2010, 02:27 AM

Quote:
It was a long time ago. All I remember was that a US Soldier wrote about how good the G36 was when he was issued it during his time in Germany and about how he'll miss it when he gets shipped out.

What? You don't believe me and you need proof of what I say? Aren't I a creditable person on this forum? Why would I lie?
nah, not at all -I just wanted to read it for myself, you may have misinterpreted it.

Last edited by AdAstra2009; 08-31-2010 at 03:45 AM.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:27 AM

There's lying and there's spreading of misinformation, so yeah, proof would help.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:58 AM
IMFDB Admin

I seriously don't remember where I read this. It was an online article I just so randomly came across years ago. It isn't like I saved it in a word doc or bookmarked it.

Old 08-31-2010, 03:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
I seriously don't remember where I read this. It was an online article I just so randomly came across years ago. It isn't like I saved it in a word doc or bookmarked it.
Isn't it normal for American troops overseas to familiarize themselves with the local weapons?
Old 08-31-2010, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtReynoldsMoustache View Post
Isn't it normal for American troops overseas to familiarize themselves with the local weapons?
It's not uncommon. Here are a couple videos US soldiers firing a G36s in Afghanistan. Not exactly a "local" weapon, but I'm sure you get what I mean.

http://shock.military.com/Shock/vide...Content=192157
http://shock.military.com/Shock/vide...Content=193032

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman