imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 04-24-2011, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
Frankly, it is most obvious that these chaps require more DAKKA.
A kid in green tights broke into my house and smashed all my shit with a sword. Fuck video games.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:41 AM

Bumping an old thread, but I thought this was interesting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuchY...embedded#at=37

Rebels show off a captured FN F2000 with GL1 that previously belonged to the Libyan regime's elite 32nd Battalion.

Last edited by Markit; 06-01-2011 at 07:27 AM. Reason: sheesh
Old 06-01-2011, 02:57 AM

GL1, not EGLM. The latter nomenclature refers to the Mark 13 Mod 0 launcher for the FN SCAR.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 06-03-2011, 08:46 PM

Very cool pics, gives you a better idea of what's going over there other than what you see on CNN!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
Now this old rifle looks like one my dad brought back from Italy during WWII, he said there were piles of them. Like the old Italian Army joke "never fired, only dropped once".

He said coming into NYC harbor they told the whole ship to ditch all weapons and other stuff, he (and other guys) had a duffle bag loaded with all kinds of German and other stuff.....pitched overboard!!

When they got in to NYC nobody checked anything, but he did have something very much like this, 7.65mm I believe, minus clip, we played with it as kids, bayonet and all.

Last edited by mjp28; 06-03-2011 at 08:49 PM.
Old 06-04-2011, 06:08 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp28 View Post
Very cool pics, gives you a better idea of what's going over there other than what you see on CNN!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
Now this old rifle looks like one my dad brought back from Italy during WWII, he said there were piles of them. Like the old Italian Army joke "never fired, only dropped once".
He said coming into NYC harbor they told the whole ship to ditch all weapons and other stuff, he (and other guys) had a duffle bag loaded with all kinds of German and other stuff.....pitched overboard!!

When they got in to NYC nobody checked anything, but he did have something very much like this, 7.65mm I believe, minus clip, we played with it as kids, bayonet and all.

That reminds me, my dad has a French MAS-36 bring-back rifle on the shelf. I wrote on the tag "Never been fired, only dropped once." When a customer sees it and doesn't get it, I die a little inside.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:34 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Found another gallery. A few pictures stick out:

15. Scrubbing and linking all those rounds by hand, only to see them used up in a few seconds.

23. I wouldn't think there'd be English instructions printed on a Russian built rocket pod in Libya, but there it is.

25. Nice. Very nice.

http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2...rebels/100086/

Last edited by funkychinaman; 06-20-2011 at 03:38 PM. Reason: forgot the actual link
Old 06-20-2011, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
number 11 just doesn't give a f*ck!
Old 06-20-2011, 05:58 PM

So Gadaffi's (I don't know if I spelled that right, but no matter) forces use Belgian and Russian weapons against civilians and no one gives two shits, but they use an American weapon and everyone is up in arms about how we're the direct cause of Gadaffi's actions?

I'm getting to the point where I fucking hate the world.

Old 06-27-2011, 04:41 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
So Gadaffi's (I don't know if I spelled that right, but no matter) forces use Belgian and Russian weapons against civilians and no one gives two shits, but they use an American weapon and everyone is up in arms about how we're the direct cause of Gadaffi's actions?

I'm getting to the point where I fucking hate the world.
Who are you referring to?

Playing devil's advocate for a second, most of the commentators who point out stuff like this are remarking on the irony that the U.S. has provided weapons to dictators while claiming to pursue a foreign policy based on the promotion of democracy and freedom (at least, during the more neo-conservative Bush era). Belgium and Russia do not have such foreign policies, so they're not such easy targets for accusations of hypocrisy.

But I do agree that their criticism goes too far if they are blaming the U.S. for Gaddafi's actions.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
Who are you referring to?
Comments on online news stories and forums, YouTube, and such are always condemning us for it. I know taking words from random anonymous Internet people (no offense, IMFDB) seriously is probably telling of my less-than-groundbreaking level of intelligence, but those represent a person's opinion just like marching outside a building with a sign in your hand does.

Quote:
Playing devil's advocate for a second, most of the commentators who point out stuff like this are remarking on the irony that the U.S. has provided weapons to dictators while claiming to pursue a foreign policy based on the promotion of democracy and freedom (at least, during the more neo-conservative Bush era). Belgium and Russia do not have such foreign policies, so they're not such easy targets for accusations of hypocrisy.
The US' foreign policy is irrelevant, IMO. One day everything in a random country we decide to provide a FAS package to could be all kosher, then the next day it could go to complete shit. We get heat for giving Saddam Hussein weapons and training Mujaheddin fighters in Afghanistan in the 80s, but how were we supposed to know we'd be fighting them in 20 years? We aren't a nation of psychics who can look into a crystal ball to see who our next enemy will be. As far as Libya goes, weren't they on the UN human rights council just prior to Gaddafi turning his army on civilians?

You do make a valid point about Belgium's and Russia's foreign policies in contrast to the US', though.

Quote:
But I do agree that their criticism goes too far if they are blaming the U.S. for Gaddafi's actions.
Yeah, that's a point I always try to get across to critics. Who the person using the weapon got it from is irrelevant, it's the person using it that's at fault. Would I be responsible if I sold a baseball bat to some dude at a yard sale that he used 10 years later to crack some other dude's skull in? No.