imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 05-01-2011, 03:47 AM
IMFDB Admin

Default Remington XR-100

This beauty entered the shop the other day. The original gun was worth $750, plus adding the heavy barrel, Harris Bipod, quick adjust scope, and laminated stock upped it to somewhere around $1200. The guy's selling it for $350. That's like, illegal to not take such a deal. Here's some pics.

I didn't think it would be possible to get such a great picture of the reticule, especially with my cellphone camera. : O

Just to list the specs, a Remingotn XR-100 is basically a Remington 700 with a single shot modification. This one is in .223, and must weight 11 pounds (great for accuracy). With a receiver swap it could be made into a 5 shot easy enough.

Thoughts? Comments?
Old 05-01-2011, 03:03 PM

Looks great, do you plan on shooting it?

Sorry, this isnt about the gun but the camera on your cellphone is pretty good, I thought the pictures were from a digital camera until you said it was from your phone.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:28 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpe2010 View Post
Looks great, do you plan on shooting it?

Sorry, this isnt about the gun but the camera on your cellphone is pretty good, I thought the pictures were from a digital camera until you said it was from your phone.
Hoping to shoot it soon. I really want to set up a target a few hundred yards away and use it how it's meant to be used, but that's not as easy to set up as doing our simple 40 yard test.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:19 PM
IMFDB Admin

Good looking rifle. .223 is alright, shame it isn't in something like a .308. But that's a hell of a good deal.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:14 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator20 View Post
Good looking rifle. .223 is alright, shame it isn't in something like a .308. But that's a hell of a good deal.
Personally I've always wanted a .223 bolt gun. I used to use a Remington 720 in .222, and that gun was amazing. I prefer low recoil rifles, because I can just pick them up and shoot, where as with calibers like .308, I have to get used to the recoil so I don't flinch or pull a shot. Not to say I puss out when shooting bigger calibers, I just have to get used to it first. What can I say, I wasn't trained very well with flinching.

Besides, I could see this being the end of the woodchucks I have around here. The little bastards always see you before you can get a shot off, so setting up prone a couple hundred yards away with this bad boy and sniping them should make things interesting.