imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 01-24-2011, 08:30 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
It looks good but I know next to Nothing about this title. Does it have world wide recognition? Do people talk about it? Even though it looks like it has high production values, is there ANY indication that the film is using ANY live weapons, or all they all airsoft? These are the questions which I cannot answer regarding this title.

I CAN however, disqualify obviously crap titles and delete them. Have you seen this film?
Old 01-24-2011, 02:46 PM

How bout this crap?

http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Talk:...el_to_Offshore

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 01-24-2011, 03:49 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I know I'm late (as usual), but yes, clamp down on this. For those of you who are members: Tag for deletion, and/or alert an Admin.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:04 PM

How exactly do you tag for deletion?

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 01-24-2011, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
How exactly do you tag for deletion?
Use the template {{nuke}}
Old 01-24-2011, 06:17 PM

then this gives mods a heads up or do they actually need to view page to notice it?

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 01-24-2011, 07:00 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
I don't think we can exclude fan films without including the MGS fan film. If you have to kill it to avoid a flood of bad fan films, it's a small price to pay.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:04 PM
IMFDB Admin

Guys, we still need to codify the rules. Kinda sucks, but I hate deleting the work of some kid when AT THE TIME he uploaded the page, he WAS following the rules. I would post an (almost apologetic) note saying that "sorry, this page was deemed to not qualify for IMFDB inclusion by a blue ribbon committee of the moderators" "Feel free to continue to contribute work for all other professionally made, mainstream released media".....

And again, I will make exceptions if real LIVE guns were used. I remember seeing a very cool short film at a festival once where it was some story about a bootlegger in the 1920s. I was amazed during the bank shootout that all the guns were mint condition versions of the correct firearms for the period, including some really OBSCURE weapons. I don't remember the film much but I remember that.

And heavens, if some young filmmaker in RUSSIA ever makes a short or low budget indie film and he manages to somehow get a PRIBOR-3B or a 9A-91 for real, I would love to have a screencap of it.

There are always exceptions to the rule. Arghhhh. I see where this is going. You guys want me to update the Rules, Regulations and Standards again don't you?

Last edited by MoviePropMaster2008; 01-24-2011 at 07:07 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:49 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
It looks good but I know next to Nothing about this title. Does it have world wide recognition? Do people talk about it? Even though it looks like it has high production values, is there ANY indication that the film is using ANY live weapons, or all they all airsoft? These are the questions which I cannot answer regarding this title.

I CAN however, disqualify obviously crap titles and delete them. Have you seen this film?
It had recognition and even the creator of MGS, Hideo Kojima has seen it and that alone is recognition enough.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 01-25-2011, 08:25 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
It had recognition and even the creator of MGS, Hideo Kojima has seen it and that alone is recognition enough.
Unfortunately, It is not. Having been seen by the creator of MGS is not sufficient alone to merit a page. You don't even mention if Kojima even LIKED the effort. Either way. It is a fan film. Also I see no proof that any of the guns used were NOT AIRSOFT. If there is NO obvious sequence that disproves this, then it does not qualify.

Like I said before, there are MAINSTREAM films which have used all airsoft. I vaguely recall a film starring Ben Kingsley where the entire film had to use airsoft because where they were filming did not allow live guns (I think it was a historical site and they didn't want the shockwave of live blanks at all) so all the gunflashes were CGI. But those were EXCELLENT CGI jobs and many people were fooled, apparently.