imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 04-01-2013, 07:42 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Default Images

On the one hand, I'm proud that Uproxx used my screencap for one of their posts. On the other hand, I'm a bit ticked off they didn't bother giving a shout-out to IMFDb, despite NOT EVEN CHANGING THE FILE NAME.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:44 PM

Left a comment about it and made a tumblr post about it (since it seems that my only other options for spreading it would be either liking it on Facebook or posting to a Twitter I don't use).
Old 04-01-2013, 10:58 PM

Everyone takes screens from the site. In fact some of my images for MSG3 is up on the MGS wiki and they didn't even change the filename.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:28 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

What really ticked me off was that someone mentioned a wiki with all the Archer weapons in a chat with one of the animators last week. Another person said it was the Archer wikia. And where did the Archer wikia get all thei images from? Us.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:36 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitoryu12 View Post
Left a comment about it and made a tumblr post about it (since it seems that my only other options for spreading it would be either liking it on Facebook or posting to a Twitter I don't use).
I saw. And they are right, it's not OUR screen cap, it's the show's, but some professional courtesy would be nice.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
I saw. And they are right, it's not OUR screen cap, it's the show's, but some professional courtesy would be nice.
Did you actually cap the picture, or did you get it from a show site?

If it's the former, then he's committing a bad breach of etiquette by not crediting the source. He's committing a WORSE breach of etiquette by being rude and saying "It's a pic of the show, therefore it doesn't count because reasons."

Last edited by funkychinaman; 04-02-2013 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Whoops
Old 04-02-2013, 03:04 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Did you actually cap the picture, or did you get it from a show site?

If it's the former, then he's committing a bad breach of etiquette by not crediting the source. He's committing a WORSE breach of etiquette by being rude and saying "It's a pic of the show, therefore it doesn't count because reasons."
I capped it myself, but he's right that it's technically fair use. But it's still rude. Oh well.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:29 PM

Well, I made sure to note that in my response (as well as noting his rudeness). If he continues to act poorly, I fully intend to continue spreading his bullshittery around on social media. Had he simply apologized or been a little nicer in his response, I wouldn't care. But he's now breaching etiquette AND acting rudely to anyone who points it out. I don't like jackasses.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:59 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Well, I made sure to note that in my response (as well as noting his rudeness). If he continues to act poorly, I fully intend to continue spreading his bullshittery around on social media. Had he simply apologized or been a little nicer in his response, I wouldn't care. But he's now breaching etiquette AND acting rudely to anyone who points it out. I don't like jackasses.
I'd rather not make a big thing out of it. It certainly isn't required, and maybe not even expected. It just would've been nice. If they don't want to make a gesture, then that's their choice.

Besides, it's not your place, or mine, to pick a fight with someone in the site's name.