imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 01-15-2010, 01:29 AM

If only we could get someone to kneecap the new drug dealers.... Also, you have to realize that Britain also fucked over Scotland (outright stole the country's throne), India, and just about every other country they they've come in contact with. That being said, the IRA are a bunch of punks. You know who started the Troubles? They did when one of their "soldiers" threw a Molotov in a old Protestant lady's window, killing her. The UDA are a bunch of bastards too, because when the British said they were going to stay neutral, they meant that some of their soldiers are going to change out of their military uniforms, change into whatever the hell they wear when they go hang out with their fellow UDA buddies, grab the rifle they stole from an armory and go shoot at some IRA members, all without the British gov't's knowledge

http://www.introvertisland.com

Last edited by S&Wshooter; 01-15-2010 at 01:45 AM.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
If only we could get someone to kneecap the new drug dealers.... Also, you have to realize that Britain also fucked over Scotland (outright stole the country's throne), India, and just about every other country they they've come in contact with. That being said, the IRA are a bunch of punks. You know who started the Troubles? They did when one of their "soldiers" threw a Molotov in a old Protestant lady's window, killing her. The UDA are a bunch of bastards too, because when the British said they were going to stay neutral, they meant that some of their soldiers are going to change out of their military uniforms, change into whatever the hell they wear when they go hang out with their fellow UDA buddies, grab the rifle they stole from an armory and go shoot at some IRA members, all without the British gov't's knowledge
I'm calling bullshit on this one. I know people who did tours of Northern ireland and such things were and are beyond the pale and whoever did so would get tossed into prison if they were ever caught. Trust me when I say that the British Military acted with as much restraint as possible in Northern Ireland. Had they as some idiots would sugest been killing IRA members on the sly...they would have killed off most of the IRA leadership years ago.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:37 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Yeah, the Brits were very neutral in the Northern Ireland conflict. Seriously, what would they want with Northern Ireland, anyway? It's got basically no natural resources or any economic sectors of interest. They let far more profitable colonies leave their empire many years before the Troubles began.

The claims about the Loyalists being British proxy forces is a whole bunch of, um, "bollocks". If the UDA and UVF were really being armed, trained, and supplied with intelligence by MI-5, then why were they so incompetent? If you look at the list of Loyalist victims (on web sites like CAIN), you'll see they killed relatively few IRA members, which shows that they weren't able to find them (and British intelligence on IRA members was extremely good). Not only that, but they weren't even very good at identifying Catholics from Protestants; they shot literally hundreds of Protestants simply because they were in Catholic areas and therefore assumed to be Catholic.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:54 PM

I know so many people who support (not directly, just argue a side) the IRA its crazy. I heard one person say "its okay to kill civilians if its all you can do and your not poerful enough to go against the military."

Wheres the barf smily icon? I hope the IRA is wiped out.

As to the Ar-18, the ergos werent great but i frequently saw them in the 500 dollar range, and as a recreational gun i dont want to break the bank.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:11 PM

Wait... IRA and airsoft...
HUH?
Old 01-17-2010, 03:07 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

That's my reaction too. How did a discussion about Airsoft copyrights lead to the IRA?

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 01-17-2010, 04:41 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

So back on topic, I am reading this other forum and it doesn't make sense to sue the airsoft distributors in America. The more hardcore Airsoft fans who do spend the hundred of dollars to get what they want will just go directly to the source. H&K also hasn't sued Redwolf Airsoft, which is a Hong Kong distributor with a branch in the US.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 01-17-2010, 04:51 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
H&K also hasn't sued Redwolf Airsoft, which is a Hong Kong distributor with a branch in the US.
Red Wolf is where I used to buy 90% of my airsoft guns, parts, and equipment. Most people I played with also bought stuff from them. If H&K isn't going after RW, I reckon that means they'll be missing a pretty big part of the market.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:24 PM
IMFDB Admin

And Redwolf has been getting a LOT of new toys as of late.