imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 07-10-2016, 11:46 PM

A S&W 645 that was obviously a safe queen, a box of low recoil Remington buck, and some Hornady Critical Duty .45's

I love how this 645 feels, and the sights. Trigger isn't even that bad, reminds me of my (now broken thanks to Ruger) Redhawk

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 07-12-2016, 04:13 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Been thinking about getting the newer Kel-tec Sub2000 because when it's folded, it counts as the firearm being disassembled and I want that as my trunk gun for when I go to work instead of a handgun. Illinois law is stupid but they do say if the firearm is taken apart, it's ok for transport in your car out of state. Though the law also states that if you are a CCW holder from out of state, it is ok to leave a loaded gun in your car as long as it is locked up.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 07-12-2016, 04:30 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Been thinking about getting the newer Kel-tec Sub2000 because when it's folded, it counts as the firearm being disassembled and I want that as my trunk gun for when I go to work instead of a handgun. Illinois law is stupid but they do say if the firearm is taken apart, it's ok for transport in your car out of state. Though the law also states that if you are a CCW holder from out of state, it is ok to leave a loaded gun in your car as long as it is locked up.
Do you know if having an AR with the receiver held open with something like a cleaning link would count as it being a disassembled firearm and hence legal in this case?
Old 07-12-2016, 05:00 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

that's not a bad idea. I could get an AR pistol like that and just have it opened and that could count as disassembled...

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 07-12-2016, 05:16 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
that's not a bad idea. I could get an AR pistol like that and just have it opened and that could count as disassembled...
I assume that if you were to remove the bolt it would deffinitely count as disassembled, but if it was just opened then if it was to close then the only thing that makes it disassembled would be the rear pin being out and am not sure that would fly. Hence why I think you might have to use something like a cleaning link to keep it open so that you can PROVE it is disassembled.

On second thought I suppose that you could just put the rear pin while it is open to stop it closing. Either way you could use one of those quick release pins to make it easier to put back together/take apart in a hurry.
Old 07-12-2016, 08:22 PM
IMFDB Admin

I'm gonna ask some people I know about that because it would be awesome to build an AR pistol for my purpose.

Last edited by Excalibur; 07-12-2016 at 08:30 PM.
Old 07-12-2016, 08:30 PM
IMFDB Admin

Technically I don't have to break it down, but it's an extra law of legal protection. If someone I got a search without warrant or consent and my gun is discovered after without consent breaking the lock of the case opened, then it would help protect me legally if the gun is technically "apart" and not fully assembled.

Old 08-14-2016, 12:14 AM

So, Jackie and I got engaged in May. Part of the deal was I wasn't going to buy anymore guns until I bought the ring. Man, you never realize how many guns you were gonna buy until you can't.

That being said, Jackie bought me an engagement gun.

New production Winchester Model 70 Sporter. 22 inch barrel. .270 Winchester, because Jack O'Connor.

Leoupold 3x9 Rifleman scope.

Will post pics tomorrow.
Old 08-14-2016, 02:36 PM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEMack618 View Post
So, Jackie and I got engaged in May. Part of the deal was I wasn't going to buy anymore guns until I bought the ring. Man, you never realize how many guns you were gonna buy until you can't.

That being said, Jackie bought me an engagement gun.

New production Winchester Model 70 Sporter. 22 inch barrel. .270 Winchester, because Jack O'Connor.

Leoupold 3x9 Rifleman scope.

Will post pics tomorrow.
She sounds like a keeper. Especially if she knows who Jack 'Connor was.
Old 08-14-2016, 08:26 PM

^ I concur. Congrats and best to ya both.