imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-18-2009, 12:56 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangelis View Post
Yeah, but the Pluto Nash pistol looks like a toy too [as does the Fifth Element Zorg ZF-1, which apparently has an AKS-74U inside it somewhere], so it's hard to judge just on that basis. It might be I'm a little defensive of that page since I rewrote it [it used to look like this], but I think if we're going to include all-prop guns like the Eraser EM-1 on the basis of potential for confusion, it's justifiable. Plus most people have no idea how the BFG actually works in the games, so it's even educational!
I wrote that info about the Zorg ZF-1 after reading a magazine interview with Simon Atherton, who was the armorer on "The Fifth Element". He mentioned in the interview that the ZF-1 was fitted with an AKS-74U for the scenes where Gary Oldman fired the machine gun component. You can actually see the conical flash hider of the Krinkov in this picture (just below the yellow rocket):

As for the "Pluto Nash" pistol, I believe I read somewhere that it was based on a Para Ordnance 1911 variant, though don't quote me on that as I can't confirm it.

As for the BFG, it would be great if we had a source confirming one way or the other what it was. The person who wrote that it was just a prop didn't cite any sources. Perhaps the BFG really does have a real gun component in it somewhere.