imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 12-04-2009, 04:43 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I didn't say I LIKE Century Arms. I personally think they make very cheap clone guns that I would never buy, but it's the first time I've ever held a G3 clone, so I asked to pick it up. There was also a Romanian AK74 like weapon there.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 12-04-2009, 04:45 AM

Oh I thought by "pciked up" you meant you bought it. I did the same thing when I saw it, as I too had never really handled a G3 clone.

I also installed a pistol grip on my 870 (like MT2008, but I am NOT a copycat (lol), it was a birthday gift) and I have to say it feels good.

Last edited by Yournamehere; 12-04-2009 at 04:47 AM.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:00 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I heard from Orca that it was a Tommy gun like grip

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 12-04-2009, 12:46 PM

I can't comment on which AK to buy, since my experience with them is only full auto military versions, but I shot a Bulgarian built for export in 5.56mm and it impressed the hell out of me.
Old 12-05-2009, 06:02 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyles View Post
I can't comment on which AK to buy, since my experience with them is only full auto military versions, but I shot a Bulgarian built for export in 5.56mm and it impressed the hell out of me.
We've been giving a lot of export-model Bulgarian AKs to both the Iraqis and Afghans lately. Not sure why they chose that standard, but I've seen a lot of them in pictures from both theaters.
Old 12-05-2009, 06:15 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
We've been giving a lot of export-model Bulgarian AKs to both the Iraqis and Afghans lately. Not sure why they chose that standard, but I've seen a lot of them in pictures from both theaters.
I thought a lot of the Iraqis are getting M16A4s. I saw videos of them handing over their AKs for M16s.

Old 12-05-2009, 06:18 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I thought a lot of the Iraqis are getting M16A4s. I saw videos of them handing over their AKs for M16s.
Yeah, we've been selling them M16s and M4s, but the majority of Iraqis are still using AKs. The Iraqi Army is too big for all of them to have ARs right now. Steve posted data on this, but I think we've sold them something like 50,000 M16s and M4s so far. And they have WAY more personnel than that.