imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 06-21-2011, 03:11 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
My brother got DNF, so I will be playing it at some point
Played a little bit last Friday. It seems like a game I could enjoy, and the hour I had to try it was fun. But as I mentioned earlier, this is coming from a former gamer who is about 7 years behind everyone else in gaming experience.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:42 PM

I am now hooked on watching Torchwood. First of all, it beats the shit out of CSI, and second of all, Eve Myles (who plays Gwen Cooper, Torchwood's Police Liason), has a nice ass.

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 06-21-2011, 06:41 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
Played a little bit last Friday. It seems like a game I could enjoy, and the hour I had to try it was fun. But as I mentioned earlier, this is coming from a former gamer who is about 7 years behind everyone else in gaming experience.
I read a few more reviews. On the plus side, I'll be able to play it real soon, as I'm sure it'll be in the clearance bin in two months.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:38 PM

Rumors are flying if they'll make another. Theres two camps. One says it was too much fail to get another one in the works. The other says that there is no way people will let this be the last duke.

Apparently a movie is in pre production? That will suck.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 06-21-2011, 07:53 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
Rumors are flying if they'll make another. Theres two camps. One says it was too much fail to get another one in the works. The other says that there is no way people will let this be the last duke.

Apparently a movie is in pre production? That will suck.
I'm still not sure what the target audience is. The gamers in my generation loved DN3D back in 1996 because it was a good FPS with boobs and dick jokes. Today, we've all got jobs, some have kids and mortgages, and we've played MUCH better FPSs and have high speed internet for boobs and dick jokes if we're still inclined. The gamers in this generation have much better options for FPSs and don't know who the hell Duke Nukem is.

Either do it right or let it die. They've let far better games and franchises die (or go dormant) before. (Army of Two and MechAssault come to mind.)
Old 06-21-2011, 07:59 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Ordered AC: Brotherhood and Red Dead Redemption (both used) for $35 shipped yesterday. I got tired of waiting for them to drop below my $15 used game limit.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:09 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
Ordered AC: Brotherhood and Red Dead Redemption (both used) for $35 shipped yesterday. I got tired of waiting for them to drop below my $15 used game limit.
Don't have a job to buy yourself new stuff

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 06-22-2011, 04:17 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Don't have a job to buy yourself new stuff
It depends on the game. Like this fall, I'll probably pre-order the new Ace Combat game, and maybe MW3, but then wait for Halo Anniversary. I usually don't play that much multiplayer anyway, and since most developers don't emphasize the campaign as much anymore, that's pretty much all I'm paying for. And most places, like gamefly and gohastings, their used stuff is in pretty good condition. I've only had to return a malfunctioning game to gamefly once.

I'm also at the age where all of my friends are getting married, and going to all of these weddings gets expensive.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:37 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
The gamers in this generation have much better options for FPSs and don't know who the hell Duke Nukem is.
That was my reaction when I first heard Swordfish and Smithy talking about DNF (since they're much younger than us), but it turned out I was wrong. Also, the two guys with whom I played DNF are also a bit younger than me (one is 20, the other 21), so they were also too young to have played Duke Nukem 3D when it came out.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:43 PM

We dont remember from playing it, we remember duke as a meme.

Grunt, Mass effect 3