imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 04-10-2017, 06:59 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
Picked up Infinite Warfare from the library. The first two levels didn't impress me, but once the spaceflight missions started, the game (pardon the pun) really took off. It's the greatest Battlestar Galactica game never made. My biggest gripes are Jon Snow as the leader of space ISIS, and that despite having nearly eight hundred crew members, the captain and XO of the ship still have to fly combat missions AND lead commando raids.
The part where the captain and XO going off ship is cliche fiction like Star Trek and other series like it. I was getting a lot of Mass Effect Vibe

The Martian's being these genocidal assholes that wants to take over is more of the type of super nationalistic enemy types that Call of Duty is known for. They're basically the Russian Ultra Nationalists from Modern Warfare...in space

There was potential to flush out the backstory on why the Martians are this brutal and what's their view point of the war.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 04-13-2017, 12:12 AM

You know, while I know that Halo isn't exactly the most talked-about topic here, and I already made a massive post about it, I still have to say that I'd be lying if I didn't want to own a Paris-class frigate.

I mean seriously, 535 metres long, just as maneuverable as a 747, has a full fighter and dropship complement, and has (extremely limited) capability to deploy ground vehicles (That wedge sticking out the bottom is a cargo bay and loading elevator). Not to mention a bunch of 50mm automatic railgun turrets, and a whole ton of missiles.

Did I mention that the most of the upper prong contains a massive coilgun which launches 600-ton depleted uranium cored tungsten slugs at 30,000 metres per second?

Also, I can't upload an avatar for some reason.
Old 04-13-2017, 02:18 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

If I want a ship from the Halo universe, it'll have to be the Infinity. That thing's do big, it has 10 frigates inside it that it can drop out.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Last edited by Excalibur; 04-13-2017 at 02:21 PM.
Old 04-13-2017, 02:31 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
If I want a ship from the Halo universe, it'll have to be the Infinity. That thing's do big, it has 10 frigates inside it that it can drop out.
I was impressed by the Pillar of Autumn from the original game. Given the last level, that ship must've been miles long.
Old 04-13-2017, 02:32 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

A three developer rotation, and we've already run out of ideas.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-is-set-in-ww2
Old 04-13-2017, 07:22 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
I was impressed by the Pillar of Autumn from the original game. Given the last level, that ship must've been miles long.
According to the wikia, it was only 3,840 ft. Not even a mile

While the Infinity is 18,682 ft. That's more than 3 1/2 miles.

Old 04-13-2017, 07:23 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
A three developer rotation, and we've already run out of ideas.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-is-set-in-ww2
They would have ran out of ideas if they did like a Police Warfare, or their take on Red Dawn, or actually remake an 80s Red Dawn. They could try WWI, Korean War is when they've really stretched out of ideas or at this point, make shit up

Old 04-13-2017, 08:43 PM
IMFDB Admin

Has anybody seen the trailer for 6 Days? It's about the Iranian Embassy Siege

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0arz5Pdkn_w&t=2s

Already see that they are using Airsoft in some scenes because I saw an MP5SD with the obvious Airsoft barrel inside the shroud and the last part of the trailer, the MP5K has a Navy trigger group

And none of the MP5s shown had the huge flashlight that was used during the incident

Old 04-13-2017, 10:45 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Has anybody seen the trailer for 6 Days? It's about the Iranian Embassy Siege

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0arz5Pdkn_w&t=2s

Already see that they are using Airsoft in some scenes because I saw an MP5SD with the obvious Airsoft barrel inside the shroud and the last part of the trailer, the MP5K has a Navy trigger group

And none of the MP5s shown had the huge flashlight that was used during the incident
I think one of them does, when they are stacked up in the corridor just before the assault the guy in the middle has one, or at least a facsimile of one. This scenen also shows a couple of glaring errors in the weapons though, in that they have F type stocks and the flash hider of the muzzle, both of which are anachronistic for the time (at least they have slimline handguards so that is something).

I'm not sure if the MP5SD is an Airsoft, the barrel looks too thick for that and it is weird that it appears to be hovering inside an open ended suppressor (an Airsoft would look more like the real gun). I wonder it it is actually a real mp5 mocked up as an SD with a barrel shroud resembling the suppressor. Either way, this design of the SD is also anachronistic, the kind used during the assault was the early prototype like the bottom one here. I also do not think that they were actually used in the assault, as there is only one that has every showed up in pictures and it was being used by one of the trooper along the back wall. I seem to remember hearing that they were actually short on MP5s at the time and this is why SDs were used by non-assault team members, which is kind of backed up by the fact that the other troopers along the back wall were only armed with a pistol.

Along the same lines, the big torches on the top of the MP5s were less common than people might think as these happened to be quite prominently shown in a couple of famous photos. If you look through all the photos though it seems that these were in the minority, as for example none of the four guys who went in through the front window with the frame charge had them, one of the four who abseiled down to the balcony had one, and only one is visible out of at least 4 who went in though the back door. While talking about mods, one of the guy abseiling also had a funky sharply angled front grip on his MP5.

Although the trigger group is wrong, the MP5K used by people on the roof is correct as seen here.
Old 04-15-2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Actually the huge ship wreck in the movie is called The Wanderer after the original ship of the old movie
No, the ship in the original was the Venture, too.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman