imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 04-09-2009, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
I've stopped playing COD, altogether. So many people are too into it, and online everyone thinks there just that good. I've been booted for stupid things, like "Oh you hid and ambushed me and thats not cool you have to run around in the open" or "p90s are noob guns booted." Just the people, some of the mantalities, and we all know every noob thinks there a special forces sniper and use sniper rifles in clsoe quarters and complain that you're unfair for killing them 10 times in a row.
At least a P90 has combat practicality...

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 04-09-2009, 08:32 PM

Its more the mindset of people playing it that sets me off, like:

Other people say its a noob gun, so I will, i wont use it tis looked down upon, I have a rep, Im the greatest player ever, yada yada. Plus nobody actually uses teamwork and I hear annoying people calling you a jew every time you kill them. I dont even know where that insult came from, but whatever. Ill do an occasional private match but thats it.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:35 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

The P90 has gone through a lot of crap through games and in the real world. People say the ammo doesn't have the stopping power or it isn't as accurate as 9mm. And most just hate the design of the weapon because it's so new and futuristic and of course that the weapon itself is very expensive and the ammo is also very expensive, so it has a lot of bashing.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 04-09-2009, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Its more the mindset of people playing it that sets me off, like:

Other people say its a noob gun, so I will, i wont use it tis looked down upon, I have a rep, Im the greatest player ever, yada yada. Plus nobody actually uses teamwork and I hear annoying people calling you a jew every time you kill them. I dont even know where that insult came from, but whatever.
They way I see it, any gun you kill an opposing player with is going to be referred to as a "noob" gun.
Quote:
Ill do an occasional private match but thats it.
I very rarely play online, but when I do it's always free-for-all death matches with the other players muted.

I've always held preference for the single-player aspect of most games anyway. Most game developers have this "geared for multi-player" mentality I just don't get.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 04-09-2009, 08:47 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I think the whole notion of "noob tactics" or noob guns happen because it's so easy to kill someone with a weapon that can be very effective or tactics that, though are very cheap like camping, are effective ways of taking out the other team.

It's hard to transfer what happens in the real world to gaming when ppl want "clean and fun" play sessions. Then there's like me who play Airsoft in military simulation outdoors, we do what the pros do and that in itself is a whole other kind of experience.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 04-09-2009, 09:38 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
I've always held preference for the single-player aspect of most games anyway. Most game developers have this "geared for multi-player" mentality I just don't get.
I feel the same way. Gameplay mechanics in multi-player shooters are just too basic. There's just nothing terribly exciting about them anymore, no matter how many variations on scenarios you have.

Singleplayer is much harder to do well, but the best single-player games play out like excellent sci-fi or gangster movies. "GTA IV" showcases this well.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:04 AM

I get pissed when someone says "that waqs cheap you jew." I'm not jewish but the fact there bashing someones religion as an insult pisses me off. And the fact every mall ninja in the world must be online, with all the "i'll be an "operator" with a "deegle " when I graduate high school crap.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:41 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
I hear annoying people calling you a jew every time you kill them. I dont even know where that insult came from, but whatever. Ill do an occasional private match but thats it.
You can thank Trey Parker and Matt Stone, creators of South Park, for that... Apparently being an anti-semite is the new "in". No thanks...
Old 04-10-2009, 12:51 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
You can thank Trey Parker and Matt Stone, creators of South Park, for that... Apparently being an anti-semite is the new "in". No thanks...
Huh? Matt Stone is Jewish.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:03 AM
IMFDB Admin

Yeah, but have you watched South Park? Matt Stone makes fun of Jews in good humor but far too many dickheads have watched the show and taken it too far. Some kids in my school drop loose change around jewish kids just to see if they'll pick it up.

I hate this one Jewish kid but I hate him because he's a dick, not because he's Jewish.