imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 03:19 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wierd It View Post
To wrangle this back on topic, if I wasn't royally screwed by gun laws then it'd have to be:
  • Browning Hi-Power
  • L115A3/Arctic Warfare Super Magnum Sniper Rifle loaded with .338 Lapua Magnum VLD rounds. (Currently holds the record for the longest sniper shot.)
  • Gerber LMF II for when it gets up close and personal, possibly dual-wielded MGS3 style (Not MW2 style) with the Browning
Unless you're underage or a former felon, what state's gun laws prevent you from getting these? I dealt with NJ gun laws for a few years, and even they have no issue with people owning a pistol with a 13 round capacity and a bolt action rifle. (And this is a state that won't let you buy a slingshot without a permit.)
Old 09-29-2010, 03:28 PM
sillybunz13

Default Ummm...no

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
You say that like there's actually some science behind zombies. The popular opinion regarding killing zombies is that they'll be stopped once you destroy the brain. A headshot with either a .223 or a 9mm will do nicely.

Has anyone considered the magazine issue? As in, it doesn't matter how much ammo you have, only how many mags you have. I'd go with a pump action shotgun and a revolver. That way you can just use loose ammo.
Ok let me see you try to shoot at someone in the head running towards you, and you only have seconds to react. You have to be very well trained to do that so a .45ACP or 7.62x51 will knock them on their ass. The most realistic method is to try to shoot them in the chest or the pelvic area. You shoot them in the pelvic area, doesn't matter if you're a zombie or not, the alignment of the body from the waist down would be shot to shit and they wouldn't run after you becuase they can't.

The .223 and the 9mm has been known to fail to stop an enemy on ADRENALINE (1986 Miami Shootout), not even drugged up. Imagine a fucking zombie! And it does matter how much ammuntion you have. Try telling that any military personnel like myself that. You need have as much ammo as possible, especially for this type of situation. A pump action shotgun is good for the most 8 shots (and that's with one of the longest feeding tubes), then you have to reload 1 by 1. With a magazine, you can reload a rifle and have 30 rounds in less than 2-3 seconds.

So in conclusion, it does matter on stopping power. You're not always going to shoot them in the head in that close of range. Accuracy is important and vital. You will die if you only have a pump action shotgun and a revolver.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Unless you're underage or a former felon, what state's gun laws prevent you from getting these? I dealt with NJ gun laws for a few years, and even they have no issue with people owning a pistol with a 13 round capacity and a bolt action rifle. (And this is a state that won't let you buy a slingshot without a permit.)
I'm British. That's why.

There's only one explanation for everything that's happened to me so far: This universe is trolling me.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillybunz13 View Post
Ok let me see you try to shoot at someone in the head running towards you, and you only have seconds to react. You have to be very well trained to do that so a .45ACP or 7.62x51 will knock them on their ass. The most realistic method is to try to shoot them in the chest or the pelvic area. You shoot them in the pelvic area, doesn't matter if you're a zombie or not, the alignment of the body from the waist down would be shot to shit and they wouldn't run after you becuase they can't.

The .223 and the 9mm has been known to fail to stop an enemy on ADRENALINE (1986 Miami Shootout), not even drugged up. Imagine a fucking zombie! And it does matter how much ammuntion you have. Try telling that any military personnel like myself that. You need have as much ammo as possible, especially for this type of situation. A pump action shotgun is good for the most 8 shots (and that's with one of the longest feeding tubes), then you have to reload 1 by 1. With a magazine, you can reload a rifle and have 30 rounds in less than 2-3 seconds.

So in conclusion, it does matter on stopping power. You're not always going to shoot them in the head in that close of range. Accuracy is important and vital. You will die if you only have a pump action shotgun and a revolver.
Answer: Saiga 12

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 09-29-2010, 04:17 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wierd It View Post
I'm British. That's why.
Oh. Then yeah, that sucks. (The part about not being able to buy guns, not about being British.)
Old 09-29-2010, 04:23 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

And when I said there's no science here, it's because WE'RE DEALING WITH A CREATURE THAT'S PURE FANTASY. You're assuming certain characteristics of zombies, characteristics that come solely from pop culture and maybe folklore. There is no established canon. We might as well be talking about stopping vampires, unicorns, or Keebler elves. We don't even know what causes zombies. The movies have had varying reasons (disease, space radiation, etc) and some of them don't even bother with origins.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Oh. Then yeah, that sucks. (The part about not being able to buy guns, not about being British.)
You forgot one more thing that sucks: He lives in Britain, having to endure his rights slowly being taken away and the eventual collapse

Old 09-29-2010, 05:38 PM

Yeah, england doesnt even have free speech anymore from some articles ive been seeing on the news.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 09-29-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
Yeah, england doesnt even have free speech anymore from some articles ive been seeing on the news.
Didn't they ban pointed knives a while ago and are about to ban glass pub glasses?

Old 09-29-2010, 07:01 PM
sillybunz13

Default No

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
Answer: Saiga 12
funkychinaman said he wanted a PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN. A Saiga 12 is a semi automatic shotgun that's magazine fed. So he's looking forward to pretty much like a Remingtion 870 or Winchestor Defender and a revolver. He won't live long with those weapons of choice.
Closed Thread