imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 01:56 PM

Istead of an underdog sports movie with a team overcoming impossible odds to make a win, i want to see a movie of the most well trained disciplined team putting all their effort and training to use to wipe the floor with some underdogs, be a good change of pace, and you need to get a good diretorr to get the audience rooting for the superior team.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 08-11-2011, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
Istead of an underdog sports movie with a team overcoming impossible odds to make a win, i want to see a movie of the most well trained disciplined team putting all their effort and training to use to wipe the floor with some underdogs, be a good change of pace, and you need to get a good diretorr to get the audience rooting for the superior team.
Isn't that pretty much the movie Mystery, Alaska?
Old 08-11-2011, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
Dude, South Park did an entire episode on this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley%27s_Cup

Also, I decided when I finally get a gun, I'll give it a girl's name (either Lola or Vera).

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 08-11-2011, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish941 View Post
Also, I decided when I finally get a gun, I'll give it a girl's name (either Lola or Vera).
I have never seen the point in naming objects. Of course, this is coming from a guy who calls all the cats in his house "Cat"

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 08-11-2011, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
I have never seen the point in naming objects. Of course, this is coming from a guy who calls all the cats in his house "Cat"
I give my most beloved guns names...the kimber is called "Dark Aegis" and the Glock 20C is called "The Hand of God" (its a Sarah Conner reference).
Old 08-11-2011, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Dude, South Park did an entire episode on this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley%27s_Cup

Nah, i mean a movie about the superior team showing them as the good guys, and maybe showing the underdogs as lazyand unmotivated who deserve to be trampled, show the personal lives of the superior team showing how they succeed and work hard. I dont mean a movie about underdogs when they lose.

And naming guns after guns in shows or movies is lame, come up with something original, jayne already has vera, unless you have a pimped saiga 12 name it something unique to you.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 08-11-2011, 08:45 PM

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 08-11-2011, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Vera
Only if it's a Saiga.

There's only one explanation for everything that's happened to me so far: This universe is trolling me.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spades of Columbia View Post
I give my most beloved guns names...the kimber is called "Dark Aegis" and the Glock 20C is called "The Hand of God" (its a Sarah Conner reference).
I just think stuff like that is goofy. If I had those guns, they would be known as simply "The Glock" and "The Kimber".

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 08-11-2011, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
I just think stuff like that is goofy. If I had those guns, they would be known as simply "The Glock" and "The Kimber".
I guess that could work to if a person only had one glock or one kimber. My one Kimber has so much custom work done to it that it only felt right to give it a new model name. And the glock 10 is just so badass i had to call it The Hand of God...you know...come with me if you want to live kind of shit.

Last edited by Spades of Columbia; 08-11-2011 at 09:51 PM.
Closed Thread