imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 04-03-2010, 02:28 PM

I'm wondering, how did you get the jennings to cycle in boondock saints 2? Those guns choke on real ammo let alone blanks.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:27 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
I'm wondering, how did you get the jennings to cycle in boondock saints 2? Those guns choke on real ammo let alone blanks.
That's what that gun was? It was starting to bother me since I can't ID it

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 04-07-2010, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunguy001 View Post
If the actor doesn't want to use the K grip then they don't have too.
I always coach them to be comfy, because if they try to look like they know what they are doing they will fail.
They have a lot to worry about like lines and hitting the mark blah blah.

We are make a movie not saving the world.
I'm surprised that you didn't remove the foregrips from the guns used by the actors who don't want to use them. That would give them SOME plausibility. I think there's even accessories for certain firearms that allow for a better and safer grip on the magwell!

And here I was thinking that proper gun stance and gun grip techniques were crucial to convincingly displaying these actors as crack cops in Flashpoint. Extensive firearms training is essential with SWAT type units, after all.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:08 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
I'm surprised that you didn't remove the foregrips from the guns used by the actors who don't want to use them. That would give them SOME plausibility. I think there's even accessories for certain firearms that allow for a better and safer grip on the magwell!

And here I was thinking that proper gun stance and gun grip techniques were crucial to convincingly displaying these actors as crack cops in Flashpoint. Extensive firearms training is essential with SWAT type units, after all.
I really think you are obsessing over this a little too much. Actually, "little" might be an under-statement. If the failure of actors to use foregrips is impeding you from enjoying the show, then go watch another show.

As for the armorers, there's only so much they can do. Their first and foremost concern is safety, not realism (lack of safety is what gets people hurt...and brings lawsuits). It's difficult enough for armorers just to ensure safety on a big show with dozens of guns being used on-set. And the director is the one who decides if another take is necessary, not the armorer. If the director decides that an actor must use the foregrip on an M4 or MP5K at all times (as I'm sure Michael Mann would insist), then the actor is of course going to do what the director says. But most directors aren't like that. So if the director doesn't care, and the actor doesn't care, and the director doesn't care that the actor doesn't care...the armorer can't do anything about it, no matter how they might feel.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:24 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
I really think you are obsessing over this a little too much. Actually, "little" might be an under-statement. If the failure of actors to use foregrips is impeding you from enjoying the show, then go watch another show.
Its' called 'being argumentative' with a dose of Asperger Syndrome. I hate to say this, but if you were on a movie set and continued to press this issue to the extent that you have on the forum, Mazryonh, you would have been kicked off the set long ago.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:10 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I would just politely tell the actors to hold the foregrip when you run because it'll feel better or just remove the foregrips all together

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 04-07-2010, 08:42 PM

Would it bother people to say that i have seen several images out of Iraq and Afganistan of US soldiers using the VFG of their rifle as a handstop and not a grip. Really people you are makeing a big deal out of nothing and I'll admit that I am a diagnosed Aspie.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:35 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I would just politely tell the actors to hold the foregrip when you run because it'll feel better or just remove the foregrips all together
With what time? It's literally seconds between you telling them and them doing 'the takes'. Are you going yell 'CUT", to run into the shot and stop the filming and remove the foregrips because the actor didn't grab them the first time? Guys, get real. It takes TIME to remove grips, also you have to store the grips, plus the gun was checked out of inventory with the grips ON, so you have to monitor that the grips were removed and where they were stored. Unless the director stops the shot himself and ASKS for the grips to be removed, no one will do it. It's a pain in the ass.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post

Here's a few reasons to make it clear.

1. We are Canadians

2. I told the cast about you and they are going out of their way to avoid the "grip"

3. We Canadians put cheese and gravy on our fries

4. The liberal government at the time could not afford "K"grips so I was never trained on the characteristics, use and maintenance of the vertical forward grip MkI

Quote:
k9870 I'm wondering, how did you get the jennings to cycle in boondock saints 2? Those guns choke on real ammo let alone blanks.
It's straight blowback.....well, we really screamed threats at it.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:16 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunguy001 View Post
Here's a few reasons to make it clear.

1. We are Canadians

2. I told the cast about you and they are going out of their way to avoid the "grip"

3. We Canadians put cheese and gravy on our fries

4. The liberal government at the time could not afford "K"grips so I was never trained on the characteristics, use and maintenance of the vertical forward grip MkI

It's straight blowback.....well, we really screamed threats at it.
I am laughing my ass off right now