imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 06-20-2016, 02:53 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

You aren't a true glock owner without having a fun stick in one of them. I recommend trying out ETS mags. They are pretty awesome for less money

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 06-20-2016, 08:21 PM

Had a customer come in today with a Glock on his belt, mag sticking out the bottom.

Politely leaned forward and asked in my best your-fly-is-open tone, asked "Is your mag falling out or is that an extended mag?"

It was an extended mag.
Old 06-20-2016, 09:53 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandolin View Post
Had a customer come in today with a Glock on his belt, mag sticking out the bottom.

Politely leaned forward and asked in my best your-fly-is-open tone, asked "Is your mag falling out or is that an extended mag?"

It was an extended mag.

Once I was helping a delivery and the house happened to belong to a cop and he was carrying a 2 tone Glock with an extended mag on his belt...for some reason...and to add to the unintentional racism, the cop was black

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 06-20-2016, 10:32 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
You aren't a true glock owner without having a fun stick in one of them. I recommend trying out ETS mags. They are pretty awesome for less money
To be honest, I probably wouldn't have bought it myself, but the guy who traded me the -34 had it and was willing to throw it into the deal. I think it looks cool on the gun, though I don't ever use it.
Old 06-21-2016, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Once I was helping a delivery and the house happened to belong to a cop and he was carrying a 2 tone Glock with an extended mag on his belt...for some reason...and to add to the unintentional racism, the cop was black
The guy with the extended mag today was black too. But the gun wasn't two-tone
Old 06-21-2016, 06:57 AM

Dude I used to talk to a bit that was part of the South African Police Service Special Task Force at the tail end of apartheid told me he used to carry a 20 round magazine in his Beretta 92. Got tired of being told his mag was falling out, started using it as a spare

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 06-21-2016, 06:58 AM

Oh also, when I worked in a gun shop, any time I was carrying my 459 I had my 20 rounder in my back pocket; would have never kept it in the gun, since it'd guarantee I'd knock it into something

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 06-21-2016, 02:10 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
Dude I used to talk to a bit that was part of the South African Police Service Special Task Force at the tail end of apartheid told me he used to carry a 20 round magazine in his Beretta 92. Got tired of being told his mag was falling out, started using it as a spare
If I was in a police force and allowed to carry an extended mag, I wouldn't give a fuck if someone thinks my mag is falling out. I got more rounds than he does.

Old 06-21-2016, 07:07 PM
IMFDB Admin

I used to carry a P226 with a 20 round mag and got the "your mags falling out" thing a couple of times too. With these mags it especially looks like they are falling out though, as the old style 20 rounder I got a hold of (I believe they were initially used by the SAS but have filtered out a bit and I procured one) has a bottom which looks exactly like the bottom of a standard magazine without any kind of spacer.
Old 06-22-2016, 03:07 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando552 View Post
I used to carry a P226 with a 20 round mag and got the "your mags falling out" thing a couple of times too. With these mags it especially looks like they are falling out though, as the old style 20 rounder I got a hold of (I believe they were initially used by the SAS but have filtered out a bit and I procured one) has a bottom which looks exactly like the bottom of a standard magazine without any kind of spacer.
Yeah, I saw the SAS Survival Secrets series and Eddie Stone mentioned he would carry his P226 with 20 round magazines all the time.

Personally, for my Glock19, when I carry, I would just have the standard capacity 15 round mag +1 because I'm still trying my best to conceal it and it works. I would only carry a spare and that has an extension, so it's 19 rounds.

So guys I know, who had just gotten out of the military at first didn't care if his gun isn't concealing well and say they rely on their training to prevent someone from getting a hold of their gun...then I'd mention that if a bad guy is looking around and is here to cause trouble, they'd take out the guy who is visibly armed. Concealing your gun gives you an advantage