imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2012, 03:07 PM
IMFDB Chief of Operations

Default Collapsible Tables (Admins take note)

So I just added a little snippet of code to the site that allows for the creation of collapsible tables (like are often seen on Wikipedia). To get it to work, all that is required is adding the line: class="collapsible" to the table parameters at the top. Additionally, if you want the table to appear collapsed by default, you can change it to class="collapsible collapsed".

For the time being, I have just included it on the See Also Gun Templates. What do you guys think?? One thought that I had is that this could be used on some of the high-traffic, HIGH content pages. For example, the 1911 page? We could make the "appearance tables" collapsible so that you only expand them if you are looking at that particular weapon.

Until other admins weigh in, I will NOT be including this anywhere other then the few templates listed at the above link. If a few of you like the idea, lets TRY adding it to a couple of the tables on the 1911 page and see how it looks. While we are at it though, lets come up with a standard that we can put in the rules. We don't want newbies adding this to EVERY table they make.

Also, I will be traveling most of the day today so if I don't respond, that's why.

-Z