imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 10-01-2010, 07:46 PM

Default The Identification of M14 varients.

As I am a M14 fanby I have taken note about how often the Springfield M1A Rifle has been called an M14 rifle. Now I have acess to a M1A and I have aquantaices who own M14 rifles. Externally the only way to tell a real M14 from an M1A is the fact that the M14 has a "Joy lever" and the M1A does not. Another thing to note is that the M21 Rifle does have a selector lever intact. Thus a scoped M1A is not a M21 Rifle.

Yes I know I'm Bitching but We should strive for accuracy.

I'm currently chatting with people who are experts on the M14 family and I am going to try and correct things. Still for the Film Armorers here how common are real M14 rifles and How common are semi-automatic only versions?
Old 10-02-2010, 01:02 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Then you got M1As on an EBR chasis.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 10-02-2010, 04:41 AM

Well Excaliber it's funny the M21 EBR in Modern Warfare 2 is actually similar to a M21A5 rifle.

I have pretty much unlimited acess to semi-auto clones of the MK 14 EBR. heck I've been looking at a great build on a Norinco M14/S reciver. I know the rule about not overwriting MPM's pictures but If i can find some better Images without anyone in them and with a plain background I'm going to change the Images, with credit to the people who send the images to me.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:34 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwolf66 View Post
Well Excaliber it's funny the M21 EBR in Modern Warfare 2 is actually similar to a M21A5 rifle.

I have pretty much unlimited acess to semi-auto clones of the MK 14 EBR. heck I've been looking at a great build on a Norinco M14/S reciver. I know the rule about not overwriting MPM's pictures but If i can find some better Images without anyone in them and with a plain background I'm going to change the Images, with credit to the people who send the images to me.
And you have better adhere to the rule of not overwriting MPM's images. But I don't know what you're talking about. The ONLY images of mine are of the real M14 and the M14-E2 at the top of the page. All of the other pics are other people's images or jacked images. There is NO rule on IMFDB against overwriting an image that is already a jacked google image. You just CANNOT over write an original pic that was taken just for IMFDB.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:13 AM

Don't worry MPM, I'm not planning on removing any of your Images. heck, your Images are simply put the best on the site and they are ours.

I'm asking around about Images of M21 series Rifles, the Troy Sopmod rifle like seen in Mr. & Mrs. Smith and a good MK 14 Mod 0 image.

Funny thing is as I mentioned above the M21 EBR from Modern Warfare 2 looks like a M21A5.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:42 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwolf66 View Post
Don't worry MPM, I'm not planning on removing any of your Images. heck, your Images are simply put the best on the site and they are ours.
Whew. was worried there for a moment!
I think there was some guy who kept on overwriting my pics with Google pics, but I don't remember specifics, since it happened and was resolved all when I was away on location, so I never saw it, but I kinda saw the aftermath.