imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 04-23-2009, 07:12 PM

I used and enjoyed it, and it was incredibly accurate. I like the 5" model too, of course the gun itself is just the American made Glock series with a few other design details stuffed in there. Still neat gun. I've been really wanting to get a Glock 17 or 19 2nd Gen lately. I feel like I need a safe action 9 now after reading a buncha stuff.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:17 PM

I have fairly large hands with fairly long fingers, and as a result I find it hard to follow the most typical advice with regard to grip positions(handguns anyway).

People tend to do things with their thumbs that I could not hope to replicate in a million years.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:40 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yournamehere View Post
My buddy James put it a good way.

"In a heated situation, you're not gonna hit shit anyway, the first shot is just the one that's gonna make 'em duck."

So, double or single, the chances of you hitting someone with your first round are slim, unless you are Front Sight trained or something radical like that. Once they hear a bang though, they're either pissing themself and trying to get to their gun (which is probably illegal, damn criminals) or just pissing themself while trying to get out of there.

I'm not saying that you should fire in the air to make noise, that's stupid. I'm just saying hit or miss, the first round always does something. Like the starter gun in a race, only instead of a race, the starter gun is just being fired more. Might not be the most serious or correct way of looking at it, but it makes sense from a certain standpoint.
I've trained myself based on professional insite to use two forms of shooting.

1. If the target is close to mid-range, I square off (feet parted equally), draw the pistol, hug it to the chest, extend my arms so the gun is eye level, touch the trigger, press (extend, touch, press). You'd be amazed how well this technique works if you want to shoot something fast.

2. If the target is farther away, step forward with my non-dominant (left) leg, extend my arms, use the sights to full advantge, squeeze trigger.

It's a lot easier to show you than explain it in writing, but hopefully you get what I'm saying.

You can never trust that he'll miss and that you will scare him, I'd whole-heartedly rather hit him before he even gets a CHANCE to miss.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:56 AM

I'm not saying he's gonna shoot first, I'm saying you should probably shoot first. Of course you don't give him a chance to miss, this isn't a 18th century duel. Also, you say all that gobbledy gook right now with the safety of the internets, but at 15-16 years old, in a real gunfight, you're probably not gonna have the coordination to do all that in a quick motion. No offense intended, I would lose my coordination too. Also, like I said, that's not a professional thought, that's a realistic thought. It's not the best way, it's just probably the way it'll go down, unless you are TRAINED SUPER HEAVILY ALL CAPS BLAH BLAH BLAH.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:53 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Dont forget about shooting targets and shooting a person. It's a real difference experience. For one thing, targets dont shoot back and they arent alive. When you shoot a real person for whatever reason, it'll affect you.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 04-24-2009, 11:01 AM
IMFDB Admin

Well, if I ever get in a gun fight, I'll let you know how I do . I'm aware there is an incredible difference between a target and a man shooting back. But without experiance, I can never really know for sure how I'd react. It's not like you can practice shooting people to steady your nerves.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:28 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

But practice shooting targets and hone your movements will help nonetheless. And it's best to visualize that you are shooting a person to get it in your mind so if it happens, you know what to do.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 09-11-2009, 05:15 AM

Default little experience, but sure about this

I've only fired two guns.... One is PT series(i don't remember its serial number....But i am sure that it is PT) from Taurus, which is copy and re-designing of Beretta 92 series, and the other is Beretta's Cx4 "Storm" carbine...

Personally....I really like STORM becuase it hits well, manages to fire well...and it is kind of reliable firearm.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:49 PM

M16A2
MP5
MP7
P90
Desert Eagle
SPAS-12
Old 11-06-2009, 04:22 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Markost Send a message via Yahoo to Markost Send a message via Skype™ to Markost

Ruger 10/22; FM Isleña:

Mauser 1909 MA, 7,65x54 (i found that bayonet at u$s100 a month ago):

and, of course, Glock 17.