imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 11-07-2012, 04:45 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
I was in my brother's room playing Postal 2 on his laptop while he started up Halo 4, so I go to watch him play through the beginning. It didn't look like something I would want to play.
Wow, you're still playing Postal 2?
Old 11-07-2012, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
Wow, you're still playing Postal 2?
My brother bought it, and I wanted to try it out

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 11-07-2012, 06:45 PM

black ops 2 looks sweet. it appears you choose weapons for sp also

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 11-07-2012, 07:09 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Holy shitsnacks!

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2012/11/arc...all-is-archer/
Old 11-07-2012, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
While Bond films will probably always make money simply for being Bond films, regardless of who plays Bond or directs them, I should still hope that a desire to ensure quality entertainment is not too much to ask for.

Bad comparison. I think Michael Bay should be banned from going anywhere near the director's chair, under any circumstances. That's like asking me whether I would rather eat a tasty, fresh piece of pie, or eat the flesh off my hand.

If you asked me whether I would prefer Tarantino to Martin Campbell, I would still say Campbell without thinking about it. Tarantino may be a talented filmmaker, but he is talented at making a certain type of movie. Bond movies are not, and should never be, anything like "Reservoir Dogs" or "Pulp Fiction".
Jesus, Bay's not THAT bad. I wouldn't let him anywhere NEAR a Bond film set, but I can think of quite a few worse directors than Michael Bay.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:58 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
Jesus, Bay's not THAT bad. I wouldn't let him anywhere NEAR a Bond film set, but I can think of quite a few worse directors than Michael Bay.
If nothing else he did "The Rock" which is one of my favourite action movies of all time. I'm also a fan of "The Island", but I don't think anyone else is.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando552 View Post
If nothing else he did "The Rock" which is one of my favourite action movies of all time. I'm also a fan of "The Island", but I don't think anyone else is.

I thoroughly love "The Rock", even if I'm more of a fan of MG Hummel than Nic Cage.

Also, I watched "The Island" with my Lady Friend this past summer for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed it. Prtty cool seeing a PMC be the good guy.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando552 View Post
I am.

Honestly, the only two Bay movies I can't really profess any kind of favor for are Pearl Harbor and Armageddon - Pearl Harbor because I can't seem to watch enough of it to form a good opinion of it (most I've ever seen was from the start of the attack forward) and Armageddon because it's a ridiculously over-the-top and surprisingly dated doomsday flick. That being said, I find Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen to be my least favorite of those that I do favor - that movie might just be the visual definition of "wingin' it".
Old 11-08-2012, 01:18 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Pearl Harbor and The Rock are the only good Bay movies to me.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 11-08-2012, 01:30 AM

I enjoyed Pearl Harbor when I was younger, but I can't stomach the portrayal of Jimmy Doolittle as a fighter jock nor the portrayal of asking for fighter pilot volunteers for the Doolittle Raiders. To quote the inter-webs "Th stupid....it burns."

I'm not ashamed to admit that "Armageddon" is one of my favorite movies. There isn't one thing I find wrong with it, other than Will Patton not having a bigger role.

And, since I like mindless 'splosions and the good guys winning, I enjoy all of the Transformers films, with them being ranked in preference along the way they were released.