imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 07-26-2010, 02:15 AM
IMFDB Admin

Question So what do you guys think of the new FALL LINEUP!?

Television wise?

The Walking Dead: A series about a group of survivors fighting a world overrun by zombies, trying to get to a 'safe zone'. (derivative but probably tons of gunplay and a recurring series about zombies?!?!?! That i gotta see!).

Fallen Skies: A big budget Spielberg helmed series about an alien invasion where a small group of survivors and soldiers use GUNS to fight off the aliens. Again, a recurring series. Ought to have a lot of nice gun play. Actually slated for 2011.

Nikita: no more needs to be said. Maggie Q in the title role as a female assassin.

Man the cool shows that kids today have. When I was growing up, well, we didn't have VCRs, Cable and was forced to watch the CRAP that the big three (ABC, CBS, NBC) were throwing at us. Life for television shows pretty much sucked (except for some of the good comedies).
Old 07-26-2010, 02:35 AM

The Walking Dead sounds good. The rest...not as much

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 07-26-2010, 02:49 AM

Nikita has already been done 3 times (French movie, American remake, Canadian TV series, what county gets the new series?) and the new series isn't really that related. My understanding is that she's out of Section 1 and is working to bring it down. I am looking forward to The Cape, if for no other reason than is has Summer Glau .
Old 07-26-2010, 05:15 AM

The Walking Dead looks like it might be pretty cool, but from what they said about it at Comic-Con, it's gonna be more plot-driven than action-oriented.

Fallen Skies sounds interesting, though I don't know anything about it beyond what MPM just said.

And Nikita... well, what else besides "Maggie Q" needs to be said?

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 07-26-2010, 06:00 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I dont really watch TV on TV anymore, so if a show does catch my eye, I'd just download it

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 07-26-2010, 11:41 AM

Cant wait until just the regular shows start, Human target, the office, and burn notice and psych are on right now so no wait. Top shot is on now. Well, i need to look into the new shows.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:00 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

"Fallen Skies", I might watch, but not sure about the other two. I rarely watch TV any more; this year, "V" and "Chuck" have been the only shows I watched (the former because I liked the original, the latter because of Yvonne Strahovski).
Old 07-27-2010, 02:15 AM

I like "The Good Guys", a funny, action Cop show from the guy that does "Burn Notice". And "The Glades" won me over in the first episode when he shot the Alligator. "You can't do that, it is a protected species"! "If so, then why did I have such a clear shot"?

David.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:29 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I'm appalled that the original Law and Order was canceled.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:00 AM

I tried to like "the Good Guys" but it was just too low budget for me. At least it felt low budget. I'd hate to deny it categorically/out of hand, but I just didn't find it very watchable. Burn Notice is better.

The zombie thing sounds like a slightly more interesting version of The Colony. The colony has the semi-reality aspect going for it, but it has no real tension, or of course, gunplay.

The original law and order was probably canceled because it's old as the hills.