imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 12-18-2008, 06:08 PM
IMFDB Admin

Default Back from Hawaii

And it was a bust. The STORM of the century hit when I was there. 4" of rain in one hour. over 70 homes destroyed by floods on the Eastern side of the island. Everyone stayed inside for MOST of the 8 days I was there. the North shore (where they film LOST) was shut down due to 50-60 MPH gusts and huge rain. the Television had that "emergency broadcast system" alerts all the time warning about "severe hazard of flash floods" over the entire island.

Well at least it was 82 degrees. Now I'm back to the freezing "lower 48"
Old 12-19-2008, 02:22 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

AND you had to babysit actors who were (mis)handling your guns?
Old 12-19-2008, 08:35 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

What movie did you do over there? and what kind of guns were used? And it's about 20 and lower where I am near Chicago.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 12-19-2008, 11:13 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
What movie did you do over there? and what kind of guns were used? And it's about 20 and lower where I am near Chicago.
Here in Texas, it's still in the 60s and 70s in the afternoon (nights and mornings, it dips below 40). But I'm flying to NC pretty soon...
Old 12-20-2008, 12:46 AM
IMFDB Admin

Default Weather

It's 20 degrees F and snowing more than a foot. Nothing to do but screencap.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:06 AM

It's 80 or so here. I hate Florida.
Old 12-20-2008, 02:45 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I wish I was in Florida right now.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 12-20-2008, 06:12 AM
IMFDB Admin

Best vacation I ever had was to Florida. Went to all the amusement parks. I'm a late sleeper and the parks closed early in winter. Bastards. Never got to go on the good rides.

The T2 3-D thing was awesome! Sarah Connor fires a wierd type Colt Commando in the air (it had a wierd box instead of a magazine attached an fired sparks like a muzzle flash. It was pretty loud too.) Maybe MPM knows what that is.

Then an Arnie look alike drives onto the stage with his Winchester 1887 and shoots the T-1000, that gun was loud too. Then it jumps to the screen for near the rest of the time and the only gun used from then on is the plasma rifle. Awesome experiance. Technically 4-D since they had things that made you feel as well as see.

The MIB ride was the only other one I was on. I'm a great shot and probably the only shooter other than my father on the ride and I sucked ass at it. My sadistic family found this funny and took me on the ride a second time.

Came back home from florida to a freezing rain/ice storm. Like a spit in the face, isn't it.

Now I'm enjoying two feet of snow and cold. Fun. But Florida is best in winter because it is just the right warmth for me 60-80 degrees. In summer it is too hot and humid.

Wow I just kind of trailed on didn't I?
Old 12-20-2008, 01:55 PM

It might be nice to come down for a few days, but try living here, it sucks. I'm moving to Portland, Oregon, because, frankly, I like that spit in your face weather. It's always raining or snowing, and it's always cold. In the summer it can heat up a bit, but it's not too bad. Plus it is one of the best gun environments in the country. The only state that allows college professors to carry guns on campus, save for Utah. Plus, the store clerks will let me handle anything I want even though I'm a minor. Nothing that turns me on more than respect.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:31 AM
IMFDB Admin

New York is the worst. My uncle just moved to Florida. It starts snowing here and the bastard calls to tell me he's putting on shorts.

I used to like Gander Mt. but I picked up a gun and some little punk ass walked up and told me to put it down. Haven't gone back since. (I certainly don't go their to by their hick-ass garbage, so what's left?).

The only reason I have such great access to guns in new york is because my father is a liscensed dealer. Sadly, he is an "oldy" who dislikes all the fun stuff like assault rifles. If he wanted to, he could sell full-auto gun, sawed-off guns and other stuff for class 3 dealers and police officers. But he doesn't because he's no fun :P.

All the best gun places are too hot or too cold. No "just right" places. I hate politicians. They obviously don't know a thing about how gun laws effect crime so why do they get even the slightest say in the matter. New York's crime rate is higher than ever. Why? Because citizens were stripped of their major gun rights while criminals are getting illegal guns easily. Poor people like Henry Ghetts try to defend themselves from muggers and are thrown in jail as well.

I hope Obama and Biden keep their minds on the war in Iraq long enough to avoid pissing down our gun-loving back (I don't hate Obama, he has some good ideas but not on guns. Biden is a complete scumbag. Remember the assault weapons ban and high-capacity mag bans? Proudly written by him. Bastard). I love to preach.

But not to start political discussions. This is a movie/gun forum.