imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 07-12-2011, 01:57 AM
IMFDB Admin

Default Movie Weapons wiki

Anybody looked at this wiki?

http://movieweapon.wikia.com/wiki/Special:NewFiles

One of the co-creators appears to be a certain user that was banned from this site a few months ago.

It doesn't look like they get much activity, but it appears that there are some gun pitures that are from this site, but I don't know if it's worth going after them.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:22 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

http://movieweapon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Moviemaster1993

Well, it looks like his hatred of the mods and proper grammar haven't wavered one bit.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:25 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Wow.

If this guy was actually you know...GOOD at doing his job here, I'd call him mean spirited but seriously? IMDFB has achieved "internet celebrity" among gun geeks. Does this guy really think he can make a different wiki style site and expect it to work?

Seriously, his profile is not being subtle at all.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”

Last edited by Excalibur; 07-12-2011 at 03:31 AM.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:20 AM

Remember Kids Integrity and profesionalism are not just words in a book but concepts to live by. Frankly that ***clown has absoulty none.

That reminds me has anyone taken a look at the IMFDB youtube channel lately. the guy quatting on it has changed his profile to be all about homosexual felatio. I think that's a violation of youtube's code of conduct there.I wonder if someone should report him for it?
Old 07-12-2011, 07:54 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
http://movieweapon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Moviemaster1993

Well, it looks like his hatred of the mods and proper grammar haven't wavered one bit.
Hilarious that he openly STARTS his own page with a RANT about what 'Butt monkey f**ks we are".... And this immediately profanity laden rant is going to make new users feel all warm and welcome to his site????????

He also stole a bunch of my copyrighted GUN photographs. And you guys know how I respond to that. This kid has NO respect for copyrights. His actions here could have spelled legal trouble for IMFDB.

If he wants to make a page for British 14 yr olds, he's welcome to it. IMFDB has many members who are OVER the age of 30 (and older ) who actually work in the field. I seriously doubt his own 'movie weapons site' has any contributors who work in the field.

Pathetic really

Last edited by MoviePropMaster2008; 07-12-2011 at 08:24 AM.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:14 AM

His wiki isn't even remotely as big, as active, hasn't achieved the celebrity status that IMFDB has, and doesn't have industry insiders like IMFDB does, so this is like TNA to our WWE (we're the big dog and they're too little to compete with us, if you aren't a wrestling fan and don't get the reference). Besides that, Wikia has been experiencing a lot less traffic in the past year ever since a number of their biggest Wikis (like Grand Theft Wiki) broke out on their own in protest over new TOS, which made the content area of Wiki pages extremely small with most of the page devoted to advertising. And even before that, I've seen Wikis for extremely popular games not even get off the ground. The SOCOM, Rainbow Six, and Ghost Recon wikis are all in abysmal shape and have been for as long as I remember.

I'm still kind of tempted to spam him under a fake IP address, though. But I won't do that because, like Rock said, integrity and professionalism.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 07-12-2011, 10:02 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Fairly sure both the admins are the same person. And yay, a Halo page full of images jacked from the Halo Wiki, because Moviemaster doesn't seem to realise if people want to look at the Halo Wiki they tend to just do that. It has the advantage of being written by people who have a passing familiarity with the English language, too.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:17 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Tim View Post
Fairly sure both the admins are the same person. And yay, a Halo page full of images jacked from the Halo Wiki, because Moviemaster doesn't seem to realise if people want to look at the Halo Wiki they tend to just do that. It has the advantage of being written by people who have a passing familiarity with the English language, too.
Kinda of ironic since he claims to be British and they invented the language.

I'd just ignore this guy but he's copying our site and even using some of our images. There should be a way to report or dispute. I'd love to see him get letters threatening law suit

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 07-12-2011, 11:22 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Kinda of ironic since he claims to be British and they invented the language.
English was created by mispronouncing and mispelling German, Latin, Old Norse, French, all the Celtic languages and probably about ten other things. You could say he's keeping up a fine tradition.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:23 PM

Imitation is the best form of flattery...