imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 09-26-2016, 07:18 PM

Signed up for the CHL, looks like they do the NRA courses, too. I used to work at the place at which I'll be taking the course, the guys that do their CHL (could be one of two guys) are cool as shit, as is their firearms instructor

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 10-18-2016, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEMack618 View Post
Just watched "The Wild Geese" with Jackie. Some how, I'm now explaining the Bush War, Rhodesian, and my "Man Among Men" t-shirt. Good day.
I just got a copy of "The Return of the Wild Geese" to go with my 2nd run paperback of the original

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 12-28-2016, 07:23 AM

South Korea has built a real Gundam.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techno...D=ansmsnnews11

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 01-13-2017, 01:02 AM

New house. Has a sunken two man tub; almost like a hot tub. Jackie and I took a bubble bath. So help me; my first thought was "Huh, I need a stainless pistol to keep in here when we do this."
Old 01-13-2017, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEMack618 View Post
New house. Has a sunken two man tub; almost like a hot tub. Jackie and I took a bubble bath. So help me; my first thought was "Huh, I need a stainless pistol to keep in here when we do this."
That was your first thought? Really?

Old 01-14-2017, 10:43 AM

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/w..._n-404x660.jpg

And here we all thought that "too much ammo" was a myth perpetuated by gun control activists.

Old 01-16-2017, 04:09 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/w..._n-404x660.jpg

And here we all thought that "too much ammo" was a myth perpetuated by gun control activists.
No such thing as too much ammo.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 01-16-2017, 08:56 PM

Ten rifle mags (plus one in the gun) and four pistol mags (plus one in the gun) was my standard loadout.

Good balance of capacity and ease of movement.

Standard kit included:
Five liter camelback, two one quart canteens (one was Gatorade), four frags, two flash bangs, two smokes, multi-tool, mini-mag flashlight, IFAK, two tourniquets, GPS, batteries, NODs, batteries, chem-lights, radio, pocket knife, dip, lighter, smokes, granola bars, one MRE, bandana, gloves, compass, maps, code sheet, rainriter, grease pencil, mechanical pencil, sharpie, ball point pen, zip-ties, 1,000 MPH tape, sat phone, depending on mission either a -203 or a cut down Mossberg 590. 500 round assault pack for the SAW. Armor. Holster. M-9. M-4. Eye pro. Helmet.

About 80 pounds or so.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:04 AM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

"Why did I let events take me this far?" The question was asked aloud, but no response was expected and none was forthcoming. An educated man Oscar Wynder knew what a rhetorical question was. An answer wasn't necessary and ,since he was alone, not possible. With a heavy sigh and a shake of his head he turned to the dining table and looked down. They hadn't moved. The long-barreled Colt revolver and worn, but still usable holster and belt were laying in the same spot that Tokey had placed them ten short hours ago.

He hadn't touched a gun since he was mustered out of the Army in 1919 (the 42nd Infantry Division had been a real crackerjack fighting force). Sixteen years ago, but he was certain that in fairly short order the old reflexes would return. Yes they would be undoubtedly rusty, but they were still there underneath the surface. Amazing how life will take us on the most unexpected paths regardless of what we do....or don't do. Another sigh, a moment's hesitation and he reached down and picked up the belt and revolver.

"Well Oscar old boy. No point in putting it off now. I'm here and there is nowhere else to go." In a couple quick motions the belt was buckled around his waist and the revolver slid into the holster. "Looks like we're going back to see the elephant one last time."

Last edited by Jcordell; 01-17-2017 at 02:20 AM.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:39 AM

Oh wow. Please feel free to elaborate or continue.