imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 05-14-2010, 03:52 AM

Default I think these quotes should go

There needs to be some sort of quality control over the quotes that go in. I think the following quotes should be deleted for the following reasons.

'''Johnny "Madcap" Tyler ([[Billy Bob Thorton]]):''' Listen, Mister! I'm gettin' awful tired of your...(Wyatt slaps Johnny)
'''Wyatt Earp ([[Kurt Russell]]):''': I'm gettin' real tired of your gas, now jerk that pistol and go to work! {Wyatt slaps him again) I said, throw down, boy! (Wyatt slaps him again) You gonna do something or just stand there and bleed? --''[[Tombstone]]''

REASON: Not really gun related

'''Agent Lilly Raines ([[Rene Russo]]):''' What are you looking at?
'''Agent Frank Horrigan ([[Clint Eastwood]]):''' I was just wondering, where do you hide your firearm? Don't tell me, let me guess. --''[[In the Line of Fire]]''

REASON:Not really a clever quote/gun oriented

'''Nick ([[Aaron Eckhart]]):''' Why didn't you use a silencer, Casey?
'''Casey ([[Thomas Jane]]):''' You wanna go door-to-door and tell everybody my f**king name?!? --''[[Thursday]]''

'''The Schofield Kid ([[Jaimz Woolvett]]):''' It don't seem real... how he ain't gonna never breathe again, ever... how he's dead. And the other one too. All on account of pulling a trigger.
'''William Munny ([[Clint Eastwood]]):''' It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.
'''The Schofield Kid:''' Yeah, I guess they had it coming.
'''William Munny:''' We all have it coming, kid. -- ''[[Unforgiven]]''

'''Charles Brubaker ([[James Brolin]]):''' Anyone want the gun?
'''Peter Willis ([[Sam Waterston]]):''' I'd shoot my foot. (Brubaker tries to hand the gun to John Walker)
'''John Walker ([[O.J. Simpson]]):''' I'd shoot ''his'' foot. --''[[Capricorn One]]''

REASON: Not really clever/striking

'''Wyatt Earp ([[Kurt Russell]]): ''' Go ahead. Skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.. --''[[Tombstone]]''

REASON: Not Gun Related

'''Lucky Ned Pepper ([[Robert Duvall]]):''' What's your intention? Do you think one on four is a dogfall?
'''Rooster Cogburn ([[John Wayne]]):''' I mean to kill you in one minute, Ned. Or see you hanged in Fort Smith at Judge Parker's convenience. Which'll it be?
'''Lucky Ned Pepper:''' I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man.
'''Rooster Cogburn:''' Fill your hands, you son of a bitch! --''[[True Grit]]''

REASON: Not Gun Related at all
Old 05-14-2010, 04:30 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdAstra2009 View Post
There needs to be some sort of quality control over the quotes that go in. I think the following quotes should be deleted for the following reasons.

'''Johnny "Madcap" Tyler ([[Billy Bob Thorton]]):''' Listen, Mister! I'm gettin' awful tired of your...(Wyatt slaps Johnny)
'''Wyatt Earp ([[Kurt Russell]]):''': I'm gettin' real tired of your gas, now jerk that pistol and go to work! {Wyatt slaps him again) I said, throw down, boy! (Wyatt slaps him again) You gonna do something or just stand there and bleed? --''[[Tombstone]]''

It does have pistol mentioned, but with the slapping being inserted, it doesn't make it all that good.

Quote:
'''Agent Lilly Raines ([[Rene Russo]]):''' What are you looking at?
'''Agent Frank Horrigan ([[Clint Eastwood]]):''' I was just wondering, where do you hide your firearm? Don't tell me, let me guess. --''[[In the Line of Fire]]''

REASON:Not really a clever quote/gun oriented
No, not really that clever.
Quote:
'''Nick ([[Aaron Eckhart]]):''' Why didn't you use a silencer, Casey?
'''Casey ([[Thomas Jane]]):''' You wanna go door-to-door and tell everybody my f**king name?!? --''[[Thursday]]''

No it's not, I did add the other Thursday quote "There's a .45 in the fridge and you grab a frying pan."

Quote:
'''The Schofield Kid ([[Jaimz Woolvett]]):''' It don't seem real... how he ain't gonna never breathe again, ever... how he's dead. And the other one too. All on account of pulling a trigger.
'''William Munny ([[Clint Eastwood]]):''' It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.
'''The Schofield Kid:''' Yeah, I guess they had it coming.
'''William Munny:''' We all have it coming, kid. -- ''[[Unforgiven]]''

I add that one. "Pulling a trigger" gun related.

Quote:
'''Charles Brubaker ([[James Brolin]]):''' Anyone want the gun?
'''Peter Willis ([[Sam Waterston]]):''' I'd shoot my foot. (Brubaker tries to hand the gun to John Walker)
'''John Walker ([[O.J. Simpson]]):''' I'd shoot ''his'' foot. --''[[Capricorn One]]''

REASON: Not really clever/striking
No it's not clever.
Quote:
'''Wyatt Earp ([[Kurt Russell]]): ''' Go ahead. Skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.. --''[[Tombstone]]''

It's been a while since I watched Tombstone. I'm pretty sure smoke wagon means gun.
Quote:
'''Lucky Ned Pepper ([[Robert Duvall]]):''' What's your intention? Do you think one on four is a dogfall?
'''Rooster Cogburn ([[John Wayne]]):''' I mean to kill you in one minute, Ned. Or see you hanged in Fort Smith at Judge Parker's convenience. Which'll it be?
'''Lucky Ned Pepper:''' I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man.
'''Rooster Cogburn:''' Fill your hands, you son of a bitch! --''[[True Grit]]''

REASON: Not Gun Related at all
I enjoy the quote, fill your hands means get your guns ready.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:05 PM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Originally Posted by AdAstra2009

Smoke Wagon is old time slang for firearm. Black powder would generate alot of smoke when fired. So it is gun related.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:25 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I'm not so sure these should go, but I admit one thing: A lot of them don't make sense unless you've either seen the movie, or at least know what the movie is about. Might be hard for some readers to establish context.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
I'm not so sure these should go, but I admit one thing: A lot of them don't make sense unless you've either seen the movie, or at least know what the movie is about. Might be hard for some readers to establish context.
If it still sounds badass without context, then it's ok.