imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 08-30-2010, 07:48 AM

I see no particular reason why the Bruce Almighty page should stay either. There's only one gun in the whole movie and it's only shown for about 30 seconds (or less).

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 08-30-2010, 02:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
I see no particular reason why the Bruce Almighty page should stay either. There's only one gun in the whole movie and it's only shown for about 30 seconds (or less).
I think that's pushing it. If it has a gun, it counts.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:49 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Radical thought here, but do take some time to consider it:

Dump the video games and anime.

Personally, I thought of IMFDb as a great resource for people wondering "hey, I wonder what gun so and such used in that movie?" You don't have that problem in video games because video games TELL you what gun you're using. (There are rare exceptions, like Bioshock, but in those games, it hardly matters.) Why would you need a resource if the game already tells you? And games draw a lot of kids. And the run-up to video game releases draw a lot of discussion. Just look at the CoD: Black Ops discussion page. (I'm guilty of contributing to it, I admit it.) And BO doesn't come out until NOVEMBER.

As for the anime, in the end, it's just a drawing. A well detailed drawing, but still just a drawing.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
Radical thought here, but do take some time to consider it:

Dump the video games and anime.

Personally, I thought of IMFDb as a great resource for people wondering "hey, I wonder what gun so and such used in that movie?" You don't have that problem in video games because video games TELL you what gun you're using. (There are rare exceptions, like Bioshock, but in those games, it hardly matters.) Why would you need a resource if the game already tells you? And games draw a lot of kids. And the run-up to video game releases draw a lot of discussion. Just look at the CoD: Black Ops discussion page. (I'm guilty of contributing to it, I admit it.) And BO doesn't come out until NOVEMBER.

As for the anime, in the end, it's just a drawing. A well detailed drawing, but still just a drawing.
My exact sentiments...

On another note- kill this page, it's a documentary

http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Top_Gear
Old 08-30-2010, 04:59 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
I think even if the film has just one gun used, as long as it's identifiable. It deserves a page. Granted in that film it's not used very much and not for very long.

I remember watching the remake "Last House on the Left". I think it had just one gun used, but it was used throughout the film. I think it was a two-tone Hi-Power. I need to rent that again and screencap it.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:19 PM

Dump the anime, yes. Video games, no. Just delete the video-game discusstion after the game comes out (and the COD: BO discussion now, it's just whining about "that not historically accurate, that's unrealistic, that's insert-irrelevant-wining-now) It's a video game people!!! I hope somebody makes a Civil war game with Vietnam War weapons, just to drive the complainers permanently mad. Anime? From my understanding, it's mostly a Japanese thing (not bad, but most of us are N. America/Europe...ohh wait, this is the WORLD WIDE WEB. Anyway, from my (very limited understanding) anime never dies and just keeps coming, with a potentiality infinite number of guns. On the other hand, disregard all of the above as the rant of a game-love American who really doesn't care about anime.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandolin1 View Post
Dump the anime, yes. Video games, no. Just delete the video-game discusstion after the game comes out (and the COD: BO discussion now, it's just whining about "that not historically accurate, that's unrealistic, that's insert-irrelevant-wining-now) It's a video game people!!! I hope somebody makes a Civil war game with Vietnam War weapons, just to drive the complainers permanently mad. Anime? From my understanding, it's mostly a Japanese thing (not bad, but most of us are N. America/Europe...ohh wait, this is the WORLD WIDE WEB. Anyway, from my (very limited understanding) anime never dies and just keeps coming, with a potentiality infinite number of guns. On the other hand, disregard all of the above as the rant of a game-love American who really doesn't care about anime.
Anime isn't the problem, Anime doesn't draw immature 10-14 year call of duty babies. The videogame section draws kids here like flies to rotting meat and shit.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:48 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Even if you do delete the pre-release discussion, wasn't it mentioned that it's all cached and that there's no way to ever be rid of it?

At least with video games, you've got games people heard of. CoD is HUGE. And if MoH is any good, it'll give the franchise a kick in the pants. Like it or not, CoD probably got a lot of kids interested in guns. But as for anime, we're talking about a lot of obscure anime here. It's not like you'd ever come across a lot of these titles channel surfing or at the multiplex. (And the "mainstream titles" like Gundam, Macross or Dragonball Z wouldn't even qualify to be here.)
Old 08-30-2010, 08:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
anime, video games
Old argument is old.