imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 05-08-2016, 02:23 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Tim View Post
Given it was heavily criticised for being utterly stupid even by the standards of the series, I wouldn't blame them.
I can't recall an ending to any other CoD game that set up a sequel as much as the ending of Ghosts did. Hated or not, it's weird that they would just walk away like that.
Old 05-08-2016, 03:49 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
I can't recall an ending to any other CoD game that set up a sequel as much as the ending of Ghosts did. Hated or not, it's weird that they would just walk away like that.
Eh, I kind of like that the ending of The Dread Doughy Man vs Strikeforce Dad just has you stuck in a hole in the ground. I mean it's not like it's any better than leaving the dog on an exploding aircraft carrier.
Old 05-09-2016, 11:15 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Tim View Post
Eh, I kind of like that the ending of The Dread Doughy Man vs Strikeforce Dad just has you stuck in a hole in the ground. I mean it's not like it's any better than leaving the dog on an exploding aircraft carrier.
I think it's clear that Activision is beyond traditional hate, they're all about numbers, and Ghosts had the numbers. I thought maybe it sold poorly for an Infinity Ward game, but according to the link, it sold more than MW2.

Looking at the numbers, is Advanced Warfare going to be a standalone as well?
Old 05-09-2016, 05:15 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I wouldn't doubt that AW is since it does at least have a self-contained story. I'm betting Activision is probably busy bullying Treyarch into working on a WW1 game because of all the good feedback Battlefield 1 is getting right now, and probably trying to get Sledgehammer to make whatever they're doing right now less futurey.

That said, Ghosts is probably the most heavily-mocked CoD game (with AW following for the whole "press F to pay respects" thing) and I can't imagine IW never heard any of the writeups on how the SP campaign's characters were boring and the scenario didn't make any sense (an action involving "our last carrier" and multiple space shuttle launches?). Plus I'm not convinced even they knew where they were going with it.
Old 05-09-2016, 06:58 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I really didn't have a problem with the press F for respects. We are playing a game where we immerse ourselves in a Marine who lost a brother in arms and I think we should pay respects as part of the game.

I actually liked the premise of Ghosts but the game later devolved into forget about this epic war between a beaten US vs a more powerful country and giving us a single villain to chase after. why can't be just fight the losing war against the Federation in ruined American cities were we are not the top dogs of the world.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 05-09-2016, 08:27 PM

I've pretty much given up on the Call of Duty franchise since aren't doing anything new or different with the games.

Anyway, I've been playing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt a lot as of lately (I got the game for Christmas), and I've got to say that it's now has to be my favorite fantasy RPG game, and ranks up as one of my favorite games of all time. Hell, I've now recently gotten into the books that inspired the games.

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 05-09-2016, 08:35 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I am excited for Uncharted 4 coming out tomorrow.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 05-10-2016, 06:07 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I really didn't have a problem with the press F for respects. We are playing a game where we immerse ourselves in a Marine who lost a brother in arms and I think we should pay respects as part of the game.
Yeah, I just thought it was kind of insulting to have the prompt explain what you're doing by pressing it rather than have you infer that someone laying a hand on a coffin isn't trying to marry a vampire or whatever.

Also, want to know what happens when you have three neural network AIs trying to make Magic the Gathering cards? Well, um, this:

https://twitter.com/RoboRosewater
Old 05-10-2016, 03:16 PM
IMFDB Admin

So it wouldn't be insulting if they didn't add a description to what you are supposed to do and just put a prompt of whatever the action button is?

Old 05-10-2016, 03:22 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
So it wouldn't be insulting if they didn't add a description to what you are supposed to do and just put a prompt of whatever the action button is?
Yeah, I never like it when someone tells you to do something like get in a car and a prompt appears that says "get in" like you've forgotten what happened one second ago.

Last edited by Evil Tim; 05-10-2016 at 03:25 PM.