imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 04-20-2010, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcatrazz View Post
Hugo Weaving and Craig Parker would like to have a word with you...
I'd headbutt Weaving in his giant forehead. How far are you into writing the book?

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 04-20-2010, 09:24 PM

I have written 17 pages so far. After I'm done writing it, I'll go back and divide it into chapters.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:43 PM

I'm now going to descrbe what each character looks like and what clothing they wear:

Salogel - Has dark brown, curly hair with mutton chops. He has sky blue eyes and a pale tone to his skin. He wears a wool shirt with brass buttons, brown pants with a black belt, and boots made from cowhide. He carries a broadsword on his belt in a leather sheath (which is replaced with a scabbard that he recieved as a parting gift from the elven princess Errina). The blade was made from iron and bronze and then coated in vorpal, a rare metal that gives a blade its sharpness, and is three feet in length. The hilt was made from iron and its handle is wrapped in a long strip of goatskin leather. He later takes an elven dagger from King Barin's (the ruler of the forest elves) armory and is given a hauberk of silver rings from the elf blacksmithes (which he keeps underneath his clothing.

Garit - Has auburn hair with a grizzily beard and gray eyes. Wears a green tunic with a green hood that has a golden tassel, dark brown pants, pitch black boots, and a black belt with a silver buckle. At first he uses a longbow made from hickory and arrows with the shaft made from ash, and the arrowheads from iron, but switches to Gamlet's longbow made from the horns of the white stag. He is given an elven dagger (along with a brass ring) from Errina.

Benago - Has fair brown hair, a large nose, and deep, blue eyes. He dress in a dark blue cloak, a blue grey shirt with broad sleeves, brown pants with two large pockets, and brown leather boots with rabbit fur lined on the inside. He wears a belt incrusted with white gems and a silver brooch in shape of a rose. He received both from his true love back in his home land of Madrin before she died of the scarlett fever. His main weapon is his broadsword Hellstorm, with runes inscribed on the blade and a hilt of silver with three rubies encrusted on it. His other weapons are a blood red sheild with a golden, four pointed star on it, and a long knife.

Last edited by Swordfish941; 04-25-2010 at 03:15 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
Isn't Orlando effin' Bloom (the purest form of pansy) their greatest warrior or something like that?
He isn't their greatest warrior, he just does some really cool stuff like taking down a giant elephant in the third film.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish941 View Post
He isn't their greatest warrior, he just does some really cool stuff like taking down a giant elephant in the third film.
Meh. I could easily take out a giant elephant. All I'd need would be a 20mm rifle and a RPG 7

Old 04-26-2010, 12:57 AM

What's impressive in Legolas's situation is that he used his longbow. Go buy Return Of The King and watch it.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:24 AM

I've been thinking of a scene when Salogel encounters The Goblin King (please give me ideas for a name). He falls through a fissure in the side of the mountain of the sinners (as described as Benago being full of "goblins, boggles, imps, and boygs . . . All of them severants of the dark and hellish fiends"). He is captured by the king's followers and dragged to the King's throne room. The king gives him the choice of working in the mines as a slave or being chopped into mincemeat and boiled in a cauldron. Salogel overpowers his captors and recovers his sword. He then fights his way out of the mountian and meets up with his master and his friends.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:35 AM

Kyrgath, king of the goblins.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcatrazz View Post
Kyrgath, king of the goblins.
Fits like a charm.
Old 05-02-2010, 05:55 AM

Are there Vikings in your book? They'd just end up killing everything while taking very little casualties (if it were realistic), but it'd still be fun to read