imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 05-15-2009, 12:09 AM

Well this thread has been very helpful so far but I have two further questions.

I am well aware that a "stealth" pistol or firearm, meaning one that can evade metal detectors, does not exist. Even if you were to make a fire arm entirely out of plastics, the bullets would show up. And even those firearms made of plastics in existence are so dense that they do show up on image scanners. However, my I wonder if an extremely hard ceramic could be used not just for the body and mechanics of the gun, but also for the bullets. However this raises a few questions. Would standard gunpowder show up on these scans, would a useful ceramic or light but sturdy plastic show up on these scans, and would it be possible to make a bullet of any use?

My second question is related to the Rohrbaugh-R9s Stealth. I like it as a concealable weapon, but for my purposes it would be less useful without a silencer. However I can not determine if a silencer for the Rohrbaugh-R9s Stealth exists or if it would be appropriate considering the nature of the gun. If the Rohrbaugh-R9s Stealth is not appropriate for a silencer, then I would be interested in a similar handgun, not necessarily chambered in 9mm, that would be appropriate for a silencer and would be easily concealed.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:30 AM

Walther ppk or sig p230/232
Old 05-15-2009, 01:56 AM
IMFDB Admin

Perhaps a Glock 26? If you put a G19 barrel on it and use a threading drill, you could adapt it for a suppressor I suppose. Not super exotic, but still a decent pocket gun none-the-less. A good suppressor adds 3-4" to the barrel though, so I'd assume the person would have to thread it on after drawing it?

I was writing a screenplay at one point (which I haven't worked on in awhile, I think I'm going to start over) and I wanted one of the killers to use a Shansi Type 17 with a barrel adapted for a suppressor. Wierd guns like that fascinate me and I like seeing something rare on the screen.

Personally I don't like the PPK pistols because I got some serious slide bite the last time I shot one. I figure a P230/232 would do the same so I'd avoid both myself.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:06 AM

I love c96 style guns.
I like out of the ordinary, different guns.
Thats why i have no affetcion for glocks, not all that different, and boring
If i wrote a script the characters would carry signature weapons to fit their personality
Old 05-15-2009, 02:35 AM
IMFDB Admin

Yeah, Glocks are kind of boring but I still like them.

Signature weapons make a movie great. Except in Wanted. For some reason I didn't give a rat's ass that everyone had their cool guns. Except Fox's 1911.

If I wrote a ton of stories, my main character would always use a 1911. It's like a sickness for me, nothing looks right other than a 1911. Whether it is customized or something else, they always are first choice for story characters.

One idea I had for a story was a guy who was given two blessed M1911A1s (don't want to get religous too much though, so mayeb some african witch doctor blessed them) but they never run out of ammo, jam, over heat or break. Of course they would be WWII era Colts, because those are the iconic 1911s IMO.

I figured if the story actually made it to become a movie, I would use normal M1911A1s for loading and non-firing scenes, but use Colt slides on modified Para-Ordnance frames so they could fire more rounds at a time without quick cuts. I'd have to pick a big handed protagonist actor so the wide grips could be well hidden though.

What do you guys think?
Old 05-15-2009, 02:41 AM

Last man standing made me lagh with those 1911s, yo really don't want "blessed 1911s" Reloads also look cool, remember. The Colt/Para cross sounds cool though,

Wanted was a truly awful movie, BTW.

Gunmaster, if you were a movie character, what would you be armed with?

I think a Dan Wesson Valor with a sp-101 .327 as backup would be mine, the Dan Wesson loaded with good 8 round mags like Wilson combat. The .327 is good since it delivers more punch than 38 and less recoil in a small frame than .357 mag, which is qite brutal.

Last edited by k9870; 05-15-2009 at 03:13 AM.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:25 AM

Wanted... awful?
I thought it was stupid as all get out, but funny to watch.
It's the kind of movie where you remove your brain for a few hours, and revel in the absurdity.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:37 PM

Im waiting for when the first casualty from that stupid bullet bending stunt happens

"dont worry amn, i can bend the bullet"

I really dont want to be the officer responding to that some day
Old 05-16-2009, 01:36 AM
IMFDB Admin

Of course I'd use a custom 1911 (customized as I see fit). I'm a sucker for the 1911s. I'd trust one with my life, so as a character I'd trust it two-fold. In my opinion a character has more depth when he either carries a gun of sentimental value or is custom built. That's why I loved the Punisher so much.

I had another movie idea that's a little less far fetched. A cop upsets a gang and in return they murder his pregnant girlfriend so he resigns and goes out to kill them all. It's a little cliche but I had a lot of interesting ideas and scenes for it. (one was a guy checking a sliding mail slot to see a .45 muzzle and a sudden flash from the protaganist).

I have a question, they say the .327 Federal Magnum allows you to fire 6 shots instead of 5 in a Ruger SP101. Why can't you load six .357 mags in an SP101, is the pressure build up too great or something?

Wow, I'm random!
Old 05-16-2009, 02:21 AM

Small frame, they can't make the cylinder hold 6, at least not with walls thick enough for the 357.

I like revolvers a lot, there needs to be at least one. Theres the backup sp101, and possibley a 627PC 5'' on the bedstand?
Then theres the collection of firearms said character will ahve built up, cstomized to them.

Last edited by k9870; 05-16-2009 at 02:25 AM.