imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 02-09-2012, 03:00 PM

Congrats,engagement would be scary to me but you seem to be happy and having a nice new place is always cool.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 02-09-2012, 05:46 PM
IMFDB Chief of Operations

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator20 View Post
http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/User:Funkychinaman He's real active.
http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/User:Zackmann08 He hasn't been here as long as some others, but he does a shit load of work. A lot of it, most don't like doing. Converting list to table etc.
SERIOUSLY?! I've only been here for like 3 months. I'd be honored if you guys wanted to make me an admin but either way know this... I will always defer to my superiors. Making me an admin or forum moderator wouldn't change that. I still have a lot to learn and will continue to seek advice and guidance from the current admins and senior members. Thanks for considering me. :-)

As for Funkychinaman, couldn't agree more! Guys been helping me out a lot lately.

And MT2008... Freaking congrats man! Hope the married life treats you well. I concur with Predator's statement... Don't forget to come visit from time to time.

-Zack

Last edited by zackmann08; 02-09-2012 at 05:48 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:19 AM

I nominate whoever will zap these damn spammers.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 02-12-2012, 07:58 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I'd say give Zackmann08 a few more months, no offence to him but he's still asking newbie questions from time to time. In the meantime, Bozitojugg3rn4ut, Commando552, PistolJunkie and Bednardos are all good users who contribute a lot to the site and know how to make pages.

Also, is there any reason why the existing site admins aren't forum admins too? I'd have thought if we were trusted not to bugger things up out there we'd be trusted not to do it in here, too.

Last edited by Evil Tim; 02-12-2012 at 08:16 AM.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:46 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Tim View Post
I'd say give Zackmann08 a few more months, no offence to him but he's still asking newbie questions from time to time. In the meantime, Bozitojugg3rn4ut, Commando552, PistolJunkie and Bednardos are all good users who contribute a lot to the site and know how to make pages.

Also, is there any reason why the existing site admins aren't forum admins too? I'd have thought if we were trusted not to bugger things up out there we'd be trusted not to do it in here, too.
That may be best, give him a few more months. I will second Commando552.

Other than Bunni and Matt, most others are moderators on the forum. Though our title might just say senior member.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:54 PM

Quote:

Ironically, i will third this notion. As much as i would love to be an admin, i want to earn it. Evil Tim is right. I'm still learning here. I hope in a few months when the next round of nominations come up, my name will be thrown back in the hat.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:57 PM

The one thing I will say on my own behalf, is that it would be great to be able to help update some of the pages that only admins can access... Such as the "Featured Article" page that I've been helping Ben41 with. IF I was lucky enough to be made an admin, I would restrict myself to only doing stuff like deleting spam pages. If I wasn't 100% sure of what I was doing, I would ask. Just to belay EvilTim's very valid point that I'm still learning here.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:30 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I actually think it wouldn't be a bad idea to have an additional "trusted user" level between regular editors and admins. This'd be for the guys we know are reliable, and with normal user rights plus access to the multiple image uploader, the rollback function, and the ability to edit protected pages.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:45 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
I actually think it wouldn't be a bad idea to have an additional "trusted user" level between regular editors and admins. This'd be for the guys we know are reliable, and with normal user rights plus access to the multiple image uploader, the rollback function, and the ability to edit protected pages.
I thought everyone already had access to multiple image upload and undo.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:17 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
I thought everyone already had access to multiple image upload and undo.
Unless Bunni's changed it, you don't have an option below "forum" in the sidebar saying "Upload multiple files" unless you're an admin. Rollback is different to undo; it's a one-click undo which undoes everything back to the previous person who edited the page (so, for example, it undoes all 7 of Andy's edits and returns the page to the last one by Bob). Only problem is you can't give rollbacks an edit reason since they're done just by clicking the "rollback" text.