imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 10-20-2009, 10:53 PM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Okay. I remember reading that info when I was stationed in Germany (93 - 96) so you're probably on the mark. It would be the right time frame.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:03 PM

You are talking to who in particular?
Old 11-05-2009, 06:35 PM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Oliveira View Post
You are talking to who in particular?
I agree. You need to be more specific.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarCrazyo View Post
And you think Bush was a dumbass, look at the idiot we have now, Obama is a fucking joke.
The one thing they have in common is that they're both assholes.

But I, for one, believe that Obama was elected merely on hype. People were too mesmerized by the "he's not Bush" part that they never bothered to ask "who's Obama?" Well, they're finding that part out now...

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 11-06-2009, 02:41 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Obama's motto when he was running was "Yes we can..."

I have not heard or something so vague in my life. Yes we can get what?

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 11-06-2009, 03:57 AM

I actually liked Bush. That whole "Bush is a retard" phenomenon is just the result of left wing propaganda aimed to smear Bush.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:52 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdAstra2009 View Post
I actually liked Bush. That whole "Bush is a retard" phenomenon is just the result of left wing propaganda aimed to smear Bush.
I always like to push people into explaining exactly what is retarded about the man. I always get "he's a poor public speaker' then I point out that good public speaking doesn't have anything to do with intelligence.

How come Al Gore has been called 'the smartest man in the world' and yet George W. Bush's GPA in college was HIGHER than Gores? (note; they were both "c" students, but Bush's GPA was still higher).

There is a BIG difference between disagreement on policy decisions and whether or not someone is STUPID or not.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Obama's motto when he was running was "Yes we can..."

I have not heard or something so vague in my life. Yes we can get what?
Give billions of dollars in stimulus funds to corporations who use it to send their execs on spa days? Health care insurance that (A) the very people pushing it don't want, (B) face huge fines and/or prison time if we wish to not have, and (C) covers everyone no matter the status of their citizenship?

Seriously, I'm just waiting for him to officially stick that second "S" into "USA".
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdAstra2009 View Post
I actually liked Bush.
I didn't particularly like him, but nor did I hate him either. Just like with most every politician (including Obama), I agreed with some of his policies while disagreeing with others. That's where I leave it.
Quote:
That whole "Bush is a retard" phenomenon is just the result of left wing propaganda aimed to smear Bush.
It's the unfortunate price he paid when two proxy wars fell in his lap and he opted to do what needed to be done rather than what the world wanted him to do.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman

Last edited by Spartan198; 11-06-2009 at 02:42 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:55 PM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

When you get right down to it anybody who is ambitious enough to want to be president has to be something of an asshole anyway. Whether you like their political stance or not they have to be a jerk to do that job. If you're friendly, easy going and just an overall sweet person you're going to be eaten alive by the sharks.

I think that was Jimmy Carter's problem. Don't agree with his politics at all, but he seems to be a real Humanitarian (at least his public persona is that of a Humanitarian) which is the last type of person you want in the Oval Office. The United States is a major world power. We can't have a milquetoast as president. Liberal, moderate or conservative that person had better be an asshole to some extent if they're going to accomplish anything.

Personally I would never want to be POTUS.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
Give billions of dollars in stimulus funds to corporations who use it to send their execs on spa days? Health care insurance that (A) the very people pushing it don't want, (B) face huge fines and/or prison time if we wish to not have, and (C) covers everyone no matter the status of their citizenship?
Uhhhh, what?

I'll respond.

A: You are right about that. A lot of democrats don't want UHC because they are being paid by Lobbyists from Insurance companies. The same thing applies to republicans.

B: Where did that come from? I don't remember anything like that in the Health Care Bill. If Obama or anyone puts something like that in a UHC bill, then well, they are retarded.

C: That's what should happen. We should integrate immigrants into American society, not treat them like dogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkman
When you get right down to it anybody who is ambitious enough to want to be president has to be something of an asshole anyway. Whether you like their political stance or not they have to be a jerk to do that job. If you're friendly, easy going and just an overall sweet person you're going to be eaten alive by the sharks.

I think that was Jimmy Carter's problem. Don't agree with his politics at all, but he seems to be a real Humanitarian (at least his public persona is that of a Humanitarian) which is the last type of person you want in the Oval Office. The United States is a major world power. We can't have a milquetoast as president. Liberal, moderate or conservative that person had better be an asshole to some extent if they're going to accomplish anything.

Personally I would never want to be POTUS.
I agree. You don't really have to be an asshole but you better have balls. Eisenhower had balls. FDR had balls. But they were all nice guys.

That's a problem with Obama. He tried to gain support from the Republicans. He should know by now that there is nothing he can do to gain the Republicans. He should stand up to them since all they're doing is scaremonging Americans off Universal Health Care by using stupid lies like Death Panels. He should also stand up to the Democrats that are in the Insurance company's pockets. Instead he just lets the Republicans run hog wild and letting the Lobbyists keep lobbying.

Last edited by MT2008; 11-07-2009 at 02:19 PM.