imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2013, 06:55 PM

Default SIG-Sauer P228.

I was going to post this in purchases but I felt it deserved it's own thread. I spotted a P228 in ridiculously good condition on Gunbroker and, since I had my Model 19 posted for sale (and it sold a few days ago), I figured I'd pull the trigger on a bid for the P228. I miraculously won it and got this beautiful SIG pistol, proof code KD (1993), complete with the original box, test target, manual and 3 magazines (one was a Ram-Line and I immediately sold it to the FFL where I picked it up for 10 bucks, and the other two were pre-ban factory). The gun is also West German marked and in close to 100 percent condition. The cutouts in the grip are still sharp and there's very little wear on the finish outside and in. The frame rails are still mostly black even. I also got a Safariland Model 27 Holster and a Model 079 Mag Pouch that were on sale to carry it once I've test fired it. I bought some stainless steel screws for it too since SIGs factory screws are of softer metal and the finish would wear off soon enough.

I also had a friend do some shooping to see how the gun would look with a clean white background, and he went ahead and darkened the screws again to make the gun look stock.

Can't wait to shoot it. Now I just have to find some ammo at a reasonable price...

Last edited by Yournamehere; 07-22-2013 at 07:02 PM.