imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 09-02-2011, 07:17 AM
IMFDB Admin

Default Magpul has a page dedicated to IMFDB!!

Sort of. it's called Magpul in the movies, and it showcases all their products that appear in films. They lifted (in fact) screencaps directly from IMFDB, I noted that their pics from RAMBO (2008) were mine (before Ben uploaded his bluray versions) (split second difference in frame but I can tell by the motion blur). We don't own the screencaps, of course, they have a right to use the screencaps as 'proof of their product placement' just as we use them for journalistic/educational purposes.

Pretty funny. They CREDIT us, with being the source of their information. They're proud that Magpul products are being used in action films and here is a well known weapons accessories company that quotes IMFDB on their very own company website! Pretty cool!

http://www.magpul.com/magpul-in-the-movies.html

I kinda expected this. As IMFDB becomes more dominant in cyberspace, more and more weapons manufacturers and makers of accessories will start utilizing us in their marketing campaigns. "Look! our stuff is in the movies! IMFDB says so!"

But of course, that puts MORE PRESSURE on us NOT TO BE WRONG. I still catch some mistakes when I surf our own site, but we'll get to it eventually. Good job guys!
Old 09-02-2011, 01:56 PM

Good stuff!
Old 09-02-2011, 11:48 PM
IMFDB Admin

That's cool. I noticed the shot from Transformers 2. Should start to put more references to Magpul in descriptions.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:12 PM

Cool.

10characterlimitsuxxx!

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 09-06-2011, 10:51 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Maybe one of us should offer to help them with this page of theirs. There are still a couple movies like SWAT Firefight that contains a Magpul product

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 09-07-2011, 04:23 AM
IMFDB Admin

That is awesome. Even the companies are acknowledging Imfdb, I wonder if Beretta or Colt will do the same eventually, although they will have hundreds or thousands of movies to list.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:57 PM
Site Manager

Very cool. XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008
He doesn't. He just floats around and lets the members of the Imperium decide on the fate of condemned pages. He gave the membership the power and thus trusts us to use it wisely.......