imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 07-21-2012, 05:01 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur
Default Spoiler discussions

I think it might not be wise for others to drop in spoilers for movies, tv, etc that people might not have seen yet. Now a spoiler alert is thoughtful, but I just got dropped with a spoiler on my talk page from a guy I do not know, this Pistolpete. Not going to say what he said exactly because don't know who hasn't seen the new Batman yet, but he blew the ending for me IF I didn't already see it earlier today. NOT COOL.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 07-21-2012, 05:13 AM
IMFDB Admin

The user has been banned because this was done to every admins' talk page.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:13 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben41 View Post
The user has been banned because this was done to every admins' talk page.
It was a truly LIAM PSYCHO moment (not saying PistolPete is Liam now) but it was whackadoodle crazy for him to do that. I did not read his spoiler primarily because it was too poorly written and at first glance I couldn't understand what he was blabbering about.

Why he thought it important to ruin the film for nearly ALL Of the MODS is a mystery.

Well his little stunt cost him a time out, I see.
Old 07-22-2012, 01:32 AM
IMFDB Chief of Operations

I didn't read what he wrote and was lucky enough not to have it posted on my page but if I may throw in my 2 cents... From what I understand, he basically just posted a spoiler of what happened (I have NOT seen the movie btw)? Was there a question in there somehow, i.e. is there any way he could say the spoiler was unintentional or did her literally just post a giant spoiler for spoilers sake, because if the later is the case then I have to say I don't think 2 weeks is enough of a ban. I would say give him ONE chance to explain his actions and if he doesn't have a very good explanation for why he attempted to ruin a movie for almost a dozen people then we really don't need him around here at all.

Just my thoughts...
Old 07-22-2012, 04:41 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackmann08 View Post
I didn't read what he wrote and was lucky enough not to have it posted on my page but if I may throw in my 2 cents... From what I understand, he basically just posted a spoiler of what happened (I have NOT seen the movie btw)? Was there a question in there somehow, i.e. is there any way he could say the spoiler was unintentional or did her literally just post a giant spoiler for spoilers sake, because if the later is the case then I have to say I don't think 2 weeks is enough of a ban. I would say give him ONE chance to explain his actions and if he doesn't have a very good explanation for why he attempted to ruin a movie for almost a dozen people then we really don't need him around here at all.

Just my thoughts...
He posted a massive SPOILER starting with "Can you believe that......" and posted it to every ADMIN's talk page. It was a major "WTF" moment. He wasn't engaging in discussion or questions. He was just blurting out the ending to everyone literally on the day after it premiered. And cut and paste the spoiler paragraph(s) identically to a bunch of people's talk pages.

I agree, 2 weeks is NOT enough of a ban for that level of stupidity. If he was just excited why did he just target MODs?