imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 01-14-2009, 01:21 AM

As a rule, I like my guns strictly meat and potatos, but if someone wants to spend the extra money for something else then it's no one's business but their own. Even for myself, when I get back from overseas I'm planning on buying one of Para-Ordnance's CF specials and getting my unit's crest inlaid into the grips.

And nickle finnish DOES have an advantage - it's alot more corrosion resistant in a humid climate. I live in the prairie's, so I've really got no need for it, but if I was in Vancouver I'd consider it.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:25 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Fine. I'll say something different. It's not stupid to get a gun like that. It's your preference, but I honestly think if it doesn't really affect the performance of the weapon in any sense and is more for cosmetic to appeal to your ego, then it's just a waste of money. If you have the money and feel like it, it's your gun. Who am I to tell you what you want your firearm to look like.
They don't always cost THAT much more. There's not much difference in cost between blued and stainless Smith autos, for instance.

Just because someone wants to own a gun that is visually appealing doesn't mean that they are egotistical. Why does everything need to be based on performance? You make it sound as if there's something morally wrong with wanting to have a nice-looking gun. My uncle (the biggest gun collector in my family) owns 1911s that have all kinds of finishes. Some are bare-bones and unadorned, others have engravings and pearl grips and such.