imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 11-28-2008, 04:49 AM
Drew007

Smile A question for your wisdom

Hello!!

I wasn't quite sure where to put this because it both involves movies AND guns!! But, anyway, I'm a screenwriter, more of a wannabe at the moment because I haven't sold anything yet. But anyway... I've just started writing a gangster script and I just want to make sure I'm doing things right.

The scene I'm working on now involves a sniper shot from the roof top of one building across the street to take out man in an office. My question being, can I lay the scope cross hairs directly on the man's head? Or will I have to show my assassin working the elevation knobs. A shot across a downtown New York sized street (generic unnamed city), maybe 15 - 20 stories up.

thanks a lot!
Old 11-28-2008, 05:53 AM
IMFDB Admin

Default Only across a street?

Like say 30-40yrds? That's an easy shot, no need for elavation. But if it is very windy, left and right compensation comes into play. If it is raining, maybe a cm high. depends on the weather too. Sniping is in ways an art form. You have to be precise to the max in every level to be effective.

What kind of rifle is the guy using? It won't matter since even a .22 rifle can reach 100yrds easy, but I'm just curious.

Let us know if you need help with anything else.
Old 11-28-2008, 04:14 PM
Drew007

Thanks, I appreciate it. That will help a lot

I try to leave my weapons non specific ie: SUPPRESSED HANDGUN, but for the rifle I want to describe the accuracy international arctic warfare covert system or something similar that can be easily disassembled and stored.