imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
Sounds like a good investment. Much like the M1 Carbine, the top piece of the handguard has a habit of getting loose and sliding around. Getting a new Tapco rail top cover sounds pretty sweet. Personally I'd find a nice synthetic stock for it to match the gun and improve the ergonomics. Just not the Dragunov stock. Positions the gun incorrectly, totally throws off the sights. Might not be a problem with a red-dot though.
I want to get a wooden handguard for my russian one so it is all original and looks like a classic sks and get an inexpensive yugo or norinco to customize with a new stock, sights, and detachable mags. Too bad the average price for an sks is going up.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:51 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
Just because I didn't return last night? Hard as it might be to imagine sometimes, I do have a life outside of IMFDB. When you posted this comment, I was kinda busy celebrating the end of the semester (turned in my last paper at 5 PM yesterday).

No offense, but given the occasion, it was just a little more important to me to be out having fun with people I know, as opposed to talking about burgers with people on a message board whom I've never met in person.
Matt, no need to be like that. Nobody on here should be looking down on each other because of how much time they spend on the forum. You're a busy guy, you're of age to be devoting a lot of time to building the foundations of your life. Some of the other members aren't as busy and don't always think about how others spend their time. There's a couple teenagers on the forum (myself included) who still have more free time to mess around and talk on here. Eventually we'll all be in a similar situation as you, whether it be college, work, military service, whatever it may be.

Let's all be civil and understanding of how much time we have. Nobody here "has no life" for spending more time on here than anybody else. During the day, I personally check in here briefly I go on the computer to check stuff, where as at night when I have some time to waste, I spend a little more time on it.

Now let's all shake hands and keep ourselves as equals, this is not a caste of who has the most time to waste.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:00 AM

New Lonely Island song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI6Cf...eature=None_mf

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 05-09-2011, 03:07 AM

Speaking of M-1 carbines, I found an old M-1 carbine at a gun show being sold as part of a private collection by a licensed dealer on behalf of widowed friend of the family.

WWII bring back, still had the double cell mag pouch on the stock, nearly frayed into sling, and was beat to hell and gone, including a rattling top plate, but man, to think of the stories that weapon could tell.

Sadly, didn't have the 300 bucks for it and I couldn't bring myself to haggle over it, having visions of a widow struggling to get buy on VA death benefits and social security.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEMack618 View Post
Speaking of M-1 carbines, I found an old M-1 carbine at a gun show being sold as part of a private collection by a licensed dealer on behalf of widowed friend of the family.

WWII bring back, still had the double cell mag pouch on the stock, nearly frayed into sling, and was beat to hell and gone, including a rattling top plate, but man, to think of the stories that weapon could tell.

Sadly, didn't have the 300 bucks for it and I couldn't bring myself to haggle over it, having visions of a widow struggling to get buy on VA death benefits and social security.
I remember quite a while ago (I was 10 or 11) i saw an m1 carbine at a gun store in a small town going for $400, it appeared to be an original but since i didnt have my gun identifying skills that i have now, it might also of been one of those Universal carbines.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:22 AM

I saw a 4506 in going for $350 with like 8 mags along with it a few years ago. Too bad I didn't even have a dollar

Old 05-09-2011, 03:22 AM

I've always thought the M-1 Carbine is a bit underrated in the grand scheme of firearms history. It was innovative, but suffered from a lack of a suitable cartridge. I've found it telling that the Germans were very fond of them, issuing out captured ones in great quantity.

Not quite an assault rifle, but on the verge of one.

However, I feel the urge to quote Stephen Hunter, via his proxy Earl Lee Swagger, the .30 Carbine wasn't worth a cuss, and Earl Lee made it a point never to trust a man who carried one.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:34 AM

Since my Kukri is all muddy and I do not feel like washing it off, the Pinata bat my grandpa got in Mexico when he was 15 is taking it's place next to me bed

Old 05-09-2011, 03:50 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
Nobody on here should be looking down on each other because of how much time they spend on the forum.

Nobody here "has no life" for spending more time on here than anybody else.
I think you're taking my post a lot more seriously than I intended it. I was kinda being self-deprecating, not really taking offense to what k9870 said. I realize that I'm on here frequently enough that my absence (even for one night) is noticeable.

As for me, I spend most of my life right now at a desk in the library, so this forum is one of the ways in which I procrastinate.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:52 AM

I always have this and Manly Excellence open when I'm online

I spend most of my time online trying to research new things

Last edited by S&Wshooter; 05-09-2011 at 11:30 AM.
Closed Thread