imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 03-19-2011, 09:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish941 View Post
That's like saying you watch Jersey Shore for the social commentary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
Or saying I dont watch jersey shore, at all.
Neither of these are correct. There are boobs in Brokeback Mountain, which is the only part worth seeing. There is NO social commentary in Jersey Shore, and even if there was, not watching the show at all would not be the same thing.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:10 PM

Here's another one: Wes Anderson (I personally love The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou.

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 03-21-2011, 02:28 AM

Johnnie To. I you love badass gunfights that last more than 20 seconds and happen more than once in a movie (unlike most action movies), watch his films

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 04-29-2011, 09:45 PM

I am now a fan of Bryan Singer. I saw X-Men when I was four years old and one of my favorite films of his is The Usual Suspects. What do you guys think of him?

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 04-30-2011, 04:38 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I remember the first X-men movie back when I was starting high school. Actually I think I was in 8th grade, but...wait, 4 years old Swordfish? Now every time I reply to you, I suddenly feel like an old man.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 04-30-2011, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I remember the first X-men movie back when I was starting high school. Actually I think I was in 8th grade, but...wait, 4 years old Swordfish? Now every time I reply to you, I suddenly feel like an old man.
I was born in '95. I'm 16 now.

Old 04-30-2011, 04:51 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I remembered when I was 16...I stole the passwords to every teacher's school login account, punched the biggest kid in my class in the kidney - causing him to cry, kissed my first girlfriend, had sex with my girlfriend, became the school's "information guy", started actually liking guns, and got my first real live sword....all and all, a typical Tuesday.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 04-30-2011, 04:56 AM

Anyway, have you seen Bryan Singer's work other than X-Men?

Old 04-30-2011, 05:15 AM
IMFDB Admin

Aside from The Usual Suspect? I actually like Valkyrie.

Old 04-30-2011, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Aside from The Usual Suspect? I actually like Valkyrie.
Valkyrie was pretty good. What do you think of X-Men: First Class (Singer is producing this one while Matthew Vaughn is directing).

Tags
directors, discussion, film