imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 10-11-2010, 05:00 AM

All M&P are shot at the factory with two full mags. One for speed to see if jams happen and the second is to test its accuracy...if that M&P doesn't past one of the two it doesnt leave the factory.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spades of Columbia View Post
All M&P are shot at the factory with two full mags. One for speed to see if jams happen and the second is to test its accuracy...if that M&P doesn't past one of the two it doesnt leave the factory.
LOL at the efficacy of a 30 round stress test.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:25 PM

The performance of a springfield professional is the most impressive ive heard of.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 10-11-2010, 05:02 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
I haven't heard many good things about the M&P
Haven't talked to enough people who own them. But every time I look at the Handguns section of Armslist, or the Classifieds on other gun boards I visit, it seems as though there are a lot of people trying to sell or trade M&Ps. When I was trying to sell my 4506, I had four guys who made me trade offers on TFL. Guess what two of them wanted to trade? M&Ps.

What I figure this means is that the M&P is really, REALLY popular and there are just lots floating around (like 1911s and Glocks), or people who buy them tend to hate them and try to sell them quickly. And I'm guessing the latter reason is why, because I haven't seen anyone shooting an M&P at my range yet. Of course, that's still an anecdote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
Just saying you cant base a gun based on performance of the ffirst models, a lot of guns, almost all, have teething problems. Glock failed at first but dont see anyone saying its unfit for duty based on the first models. It looks like smith and wesson has ironed out some flaws.
First of all, what do you mean by "failed"? That word implies serious design flaws. The main reason Glocks were not accepted by most militaries/LE agencies when they first came out was because the polymer-framed pistol was still a new and unproven concept in the 80s, so most people weren't willing to embrace it immediately. That's why all of the M9 entries were all-metal pistols, and it's also why you didn't see too many American or European police agencies starting to issue Glocks until the early-90s.

With the M&P, the same issue doesn't apply. It is simply (by many accounts) not a particularly good pistol, and it has quality issues. It's not like it's a revolutionary or unproven design, as Glocks were 25 years ago.

Last edited by MT2008; 10-11-2010 at 05:14 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
Haven't talked to enough people who own them. But every time I look at the Handguns section of Armslist, or the Classifieds on other gun boards I visit, it seems as though there are a lot of people trying to sell or trade M&Ps. When I was trying to sell my 4506, I had four guys who made me trade offers on TFL. Guess what two of them wanted to trade? M&Ps.

What I figure this means is that the M&P is really, REALLY popular and there are just lots floating around (like 1911s and Glocks), or people who buy them tend to hate them and try to sell them quickly. And I'm guessing the latter reason is why, because I haven't seen anyone shooting an M&P at my range yet. Of course, that's still an anecdote.

I've met quite a few people who have owned them and the general consensus is that it isn't that great. My cousin's father bought 3 (one for him, one for his wife and one for my cousin) after he sold a handful of Rugers he bought but didn't like. After owning them for a while (few months) he sold them, bought him and his wife a used Glock each and got my cousin an old Ruger revolver

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 10-12-2010, 12:39 AM

First gen glocks had problems with firing pin force, and some of the new forth gens are having problems with weak recoil springs.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 10-13-2010, 02:33 AM

Well back on the original topic.
I was looking at the unit page and noticed a couple of things.

- A couple of "Regular Army" soldiers have their helmet covers on backwards.

- No IR Tabs or IR Tab covers

-"Americal" 23rd Infantry Division Patch patch
Old 10-13-2010, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdAstra2009 View Post
Well back on the original topic.
I was looking at the unit page and noticed a couple of things.

- A couple of "Regular Army" soldiers have their helmet covers on backwards.

- No IR Tabs or IR Tab covers

-"Americal" 23rd Infantry Division Patch patch
America + Tactical= Americal

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 10-13-2010, 03:08 AM

Guns in ankle holsters that are way to big to be in an ankle holster. Example: In that resident evil movie where somebody pulled a glock 17 out, and countless movies where you think "well, that gun is able to be carried but would be too unconfortable to do everyday"

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 10-13-2010, 05:25 PM

Just saw a guy pull a glock 19 or 17 out of a boot on burn notice, like an ankle is a carry place

Grunt, Mass effect 3