imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 10-04-2009, 03:44 AM

Terrorists wouldn't dare attack us in our own homes. I think the war on terror shows how pissed off we got when they bombed us. And they only Commies that would be any threat to us would be the Chinese. But they're not real communists.

All that aside you have a very nice set of guns. I'd really recommend a pistol grip for your shotty but I dont think a heatshield would be necessary. Maybe a red dot sight?
Old 10-04-2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
You can confront anyone in order to defened others or your property.
Not in maryland
Old 10-05-2009, 02:02 PM

Location: west of NY, east of Cali, south of Canada, north of Mexico

Nice choice of shotgun. I dig the finish too. I'm a big fan of mossberg! I've owned a 500 "pursuader" for many years now and it's a solid and reliable chunk of steel.

Do you have an outdoor range, or some property out in the woods to shoot that baby?
Old 10-05-2009, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Not in maryland
So if you saw thugs beating down someone in the street or dragging a woman into an alley legally you cant do anything? Wow, good thing im not in a commie state. If someones busting into my car in my driveway i can go out there guns out.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:34 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
So if you saw thugs beating down someone in the street or dragging a woman into an alley legally you cant do anything? Wow, good thing im not in a commie state. If someones busting into my car in my driveway i can go out there guns out.
Yeah, I have never heard of any law in North Carolina which says that you can't brandish a firearm in self-defense outside of your home/apartment. Within my immediate circle of friends/acquaintances who own guns, I know two who have scared off hoodlums by brandishing firearms defensively against them. Neither of them seemed to think they'd broken the law.

And even if such a law existed, how would they enforce it? Do they expect the thugs themselves to go running to the police and say, "That muh'fuckin cracker pointed a shotgun at me while I was breaking into his car to steal his speakers, yo!" That strikes me as, um, counter-productive.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:35 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingJames View Post
Nice choice of shotgun. I dig the finish too. I'm a big fan of mossberg! I've owned a 500 "pursuader" for many years now and it's a solid and reliable chunk of steel.

Do you have an outdoor range, or some property out in the woods to shoot that baby?
Nope, but I do know someone who does. Unfortunately, it may be a while yet before I get to try it out. I haven't had the time to do any shooting in months now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugabear View Post
All that aside you have a very nice set of guns. I'd really recommend a pistol grip for your shotty but I dont think a heatshield would be necessary. Maybe a red dot sight?
Hmmm, I think the Mariner is a bit too pretty to start decking it out with "tacticool" accessories. If I'd gone with the 870 Express Tactical (my initial choices), then maybe I'd have considered it, but for a gun like this, it looks better "plain", I think. A flashlight is the only accessory (besides the pistol grip) that might look OK.

Last edited by MT2008; 10-05-2009 at 04:37 PM.